KiB or GB

csearle

Contributor
Im hopping someone can help me here I have a dataset that has about 150Gb but my pool shows that I only have 124KiB I can SMB into that dataset and I can see all my files. im just bewildered on why that dataset won't show me the right size.. I don't have a share to my Main pool to see if my files are on the main pool..

I hope someone can clarify this for me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.53.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.53.32 PM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 189

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
if you go to CLI and use du -sh /mnt/candace.../Media\ Library (maybe you need to fill in the ... as you blanked it in the screenshot), what size do you get.

I suspect you have a dataset/directory collision happening.

csearle

Contributor
Please have patients with me as we go threw this im new to Command lines..
.... are those to other datasets?? I would have to go threw those other datasets to get to that dataset?

Last edited:
Please have patients with me as we go threw this im new to Command lines..
.... are those to other datasets?? I would have to go threw those other datasets to get to that dataset?

The "..." bits in sretalla's command are parts of the path that you need to fill in or modify according to who you have named your datasets.

When you navigate to a dataset from the command line, it's path begins with /mnt/, which is then followed by the name of the "root" dataset which is the same as name you gave your pool when you created it. In your case it appears that you named your pool, and thus the root dataset, "Candace". So the address would start with /mnt/Candace/. The "Candace" dataset is what is known as a "parent" dataset as it has a "child" dataset(s) mounted under it, one of which is called "Media Library". There's also "Transmission", what ever is under the pink circle and the "iocage" dataset.

Because "Media Library" has a space in the name you have to either enclose the path of the dataset in quotations marks such as "/mnt/Candace/Media Library" or you have to use a backslash \ which is what is known as an "escape charactor".

So assuming that your root dataset is called Candace, then the command sretalla posted would be du -sh /mnt/Candace/Media\ Library or du -sh "/mnt/Candace/Media Library".

Last edited:

csearle

Contributor
Thank you for that help, I just needed to understand
Here is my result of doing that command

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.22.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 8.22.39 PM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 185

sretalla