Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Jira Migration is Complete

Ericloewe

Not-very-passive-but-aggressive
Thanks
Last edited:

danb35

FreeNAS Wizard
Thanks
So, back to what this thread is actually about... Is it correct to understand that bug reports from the FreeNAS web GUI won't work any more, until an updated version is released?

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Thanks
So, back to what this thread is actually about... Is it correct to understand that bug reports from the FreeNAS web GUI won't work any more, until an updated version is released?
Not sure if correct as I am not a dev, but I'd say most certainly a reasonable assumption, unless if there is some sort of shim outside of FreeNAS to handle it until FreeNAS is itself updated for the bug reporting section. Then again, even with an update, I would believe a shim would be necessary because we cannot know what versions of FreeNAS are out in the wild, and such a change severs useful ties.

Does the bug report feature say anything about already reported or already solved items?

pro lamer

FreeNAS Guru
Thanks

Ericloewe

Not-very-passive-but-aggressive
Thanks
Yes, redmine will stay around read-only.

HoneyBadger

Mushroom! Mushroom!
Thanks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Thanks
Perhaps that's a bad example, because it's a seven-year-old ticket that references the legacy ZFS write behaviour, and a thread full of old info.
It's really not a bad example. It's still relevant, just less so. The overall problem and ESXi-side remediations remain.

Yorick

FreeNAS Guru
Thanks

seanm

FreeNAS Experienced
Thanks
One piece of random feedback: jira sure likes to send emails! If someone changes assignee, target, etc. all within a minute, it seems to like sending 1 granular email for every little change, instead of a batching them into a single email. Rather annoying IMNSHO.

Thanks

danb35

FreeNAS Wizard
Thanks
Thanks
You need to be logged into Jira to see the roadmap.
I'm logged there. I think there is a config problem and new Jira accounts (like mine) don't get all the permissions that old (moved from the old system) accounts have.

KrisBee

FreeNAS Guru
Thanks
Thanks
11.2-U5 was missing from the release page of FreeNAS for a couple weeks. While I thought there might be a misconfigurations or some other issue that prevented the release page of 11.2-U4 from showing right before it was released. However, now I recognize this is a new practice of hiding the imminent releases. It is frustrating and confusing for people following the development.

Could someone from iX Systems tell us what is going on? What should we expect from the new release page?

Thank you!

dlavigne

Storage Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Thanks
The roadmap was discussed a bit at https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/can't-find-11-2-u4.76093/#post-529092. The two pain points we've experienced with Jira are its lack of supportf for freezing versions during code freeze (the only choice is to temporarily archive a release which hides it) and its crappy display of the Roadmap to the public (it looks great to an admin but there is no way to share the full display).

Yesterday we installed a Roadmap plugin which offers a few more controls and we should have its configuration finalized today. It offers a public board where you can see all upcoming and historical versions and their progress (in development, in testing, released, etc.) as well as gadgets for the Roadmap on the wiki. Still cleaning up the board (not public yet) but the wiki looks a lot better: https://confluence.ixsystems.com/display/FT/Public+Roadmap.

Thanks
The roadmap was discussed a bit at https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/can't-find-11-2-u4.76093/#post-529092. The two pain points we've experienced with Jira are its lack of supportf for freezing versions during code freeze (the only choice is to temporarily archive a release which hides it) and its crappy display of the Roadmap to the public (it looks great to an admin but there is no way to share the full display).

Yesterday we installed a Roadmap plugin which offers a few more controls and we should have its configuration finalized today. It offers a public board where you can see all upcoming and historical versions and their progress (in development, in testing, released, etc.) as well as gadgets for the Roadmap on the wiki. Still cleaning up the board (not public yet) but the wiki looks a lot better: https://confluence.ixsystems.com/display/FT/Public+Roadmap.

Thank you very much for taking time to answer it. I wish the new roadmap plugin work soon!

Cheers!

Thanks
FreeNAS Community,

Our Redmine -> Jira bug-tracker migration is now complete and available at https://jira.ixsystems.com. Your existing Redmine account should have been migrated, however the first-time you login you will need to Reset your Password. If you have any problems with this process, or in filing issues, please let us know.
Hi Kris,

Having problems logging in to Jira. How do I go about submitting my account details to your team to fix?

diskdiddler

FreeNAS Guru
Thanks
I see a new release today, so I thought I'd log in to Jira to take a peek around.

I still feel hampered by the user interface, can I assume that it's just my lack of experience?
In the old one, I was able to sort by bug / feature and then sort by severity, so it was fascinating to see what was seen as a really important feature or critical bug.

Is there a filtered view or save-able filters?

dlavigne

Storage Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Thanks
@diskdiddler some of the terms are different from Redmine. If you're logged in, you can go to Issues -> Search for Issues. The criteria that don't show by default can be found in the More drop-down. Every field is "smart", meaning if you start typing, it'll show the possible matches. Here is an example where the FreeNAS/TrueNAS project is selected, the Fix Version is set to 11.2-U6, and the Priority (severity) is added (click it to select the priorities). If you click Type, you can fine-tune further for bugs/improvements, etc.

example.png
example.png