SOLVED Jails UI button stopped working & my jail doesn't autostart

garyo

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS 11 on a homebuilt PC. I have a new-style (iocage) jail running Madsonic. I recently updated freenas to 11.1.U4, and when freenas rebooted, my madsonic jail wasn't started. I also noticed that the "Jails" button in the UI (left sidebar of the new-style UI) no longer does anything! I click it, it flashes, but no jails screen comes up.

I don't seem to have anything significant in the logs, at least not that I've found. It was all working fine before the reboot.
If I ssh in to freenas and do `sudo iocage exec Madsonic2019` it starts up just fine and my madsonic music server works fine. But I have to do it again after rebooting freenas -- it doesn't autostart anymore. And I'm super confused about why the Jails menu item now does nothing. Everything else in the new UI seems to be OK.

I updated to 11.1.U5 today, same symptoms, no change.
Anyone have an idea where I should look to debug this?

garyo

Cadet
OK, I googled around a bit and found a link suggesting `iocage set boot=on Madsonic2019`, so I tried that (it was set to "off") and that works. So I'm all set now. Not sure why it was set to "off" before.
And even more interestingly, my "Jails" button in the UI is also working now -- it brings up the jails management screen.