Jails on SSD?

Daisuke

Contributor
Hi,

I have a C2100 with 2x2.26Ghz procs, 96GB RAMD and 12x2TB disks. I'm installing 2 SSDs, one for the OS (64GB) and one for jails (128GB). I believe there is an an option to have redundancy even if you only get the one SSD. I read that you can set copies=2/3 for any datasets you want, to be less likely to get corrupted. Do you have a guide or a procedure that would help me achieve this?

Thanks.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
zfs set copies=2 <pool/dataset>

Not sure you will gain a lot by doing that, but it will provide the possibility that a scrub can identify a problem with one of the copies and repair it with the other.

Much better would be to replicate it to a larger, spinning disk and have snapshots to roll back to.

Daisuke

Contributor
This is a fresh setup, nothing is configured yet. So technically, I have 12x2TB hds and 1x128GB ssd to configure. I read the documentation and there are no suggestions how to setup jails taking advantage of an ssd.

If you guys have any suggestions, please share, I would like to set everything properly the right way. This NAS will be used only to store my personal photos and YouTube videos.

hervon

Patron
Plenty of examples in the forums. I built a pool with 2 x500gb ssd miroir. Works great!

sretalla