Issues with network, 10gb Mellanox card, no IP in jails

vryeksksk

Dabbler
Hi,
I have an issue with my freenas box. It's connected to Unifi Switch via 10gb Mellanox card, routed by a pfsense box.
Whenever I reboot freenas, there is a chance that it will not connect to network and I have to do various things like removing all interfaces, removing network config, reconfiguring it, etc. I'm never quite sure what I do is helping because it's always starts working at different points.
The second issue is that even if it works for just freenas connectivity, jails also have an issue when they are not getting IPs and are showing as 0.0.0.0 ip in the gui. They are set to DHCP and are statically assigned via pfsense, setting them to static on freenas doesn't do anything. They still lose connection, I simply don't have the indicator in the gui as the IP shows proper IP but jail has no connectivity.

I'm currently on FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 but this has been happening since 11.2, I just try not to touch it when it finally clicks.
Does anyone know how to stop that weird behavior or has a hunch what could be causing it?

uISsf.png

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi,
I have an issue with my freenas box. It's connected to Unifi Switch via 10gb Mellanox card, routed by a pfsense box.
Whenever I reboot freenas, there is a chance that it will not connect to network and I have to do various things like removing all interfaces, removing network config, reconfiguring it, etc. I'm never quite sure what I do is helping because it's always starts working at different points.
The second issue is that even if it works for just freenas connectivity, jails also have an issue when they are not getting IPs and are showing as 0.0.0.0 ip in the gui. They are set to DHCP and are statically assigned via pfsense, setting them to static on freenas doesn't do anything. They still lose connection, I simply don't have the indicator in the gui as the IP shows proper IP but jail has no connectivity.

I'm currently on FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 but this has been happening since 11.2, I just try not to touch it when it finally clicks.
Does anyone know how to stop that weird behavior or has a hunch what could be causing it?

uISsf.png
Are you using a static IP address on the FreeNAS server? Or does it get an IP via DHCP?

If you're using DHCP, I suggest configuring a static IP address on your FreeNAS server.