Not open for further replies.

andfrid

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm a new with freenas, I just build my NAS with this parts :
MB : Asrock e3c226d2i (intel i210)
CPU : Xeon E3 v3
RAM : Kingston 16go ECC

I have an issue with network adapter includes in MB. I did the installation successfully on SSD and when I want configure network, I have no possibilty. With ifconfig, I just see lo0. with pciinfo -lv, no network adapter with dmesg | grep ethernet, no result.

A cable is well connected, the led flashes, they are a DHCP serveur on the same network. I try with disabling BMC but it the same state.

I search for 5 days through forum and internet, I don't know what I can do it.

Thank you for your help

m0nkey_

MVP
I have the C224 version of the motherboard. It's exactly the same but it has 4xSATA3 and 2xSATA2. I've been running on it for 4.5 years, so not sure why you're seeing any issues. Make sure the NIC is enabled in the BIOS.

I'm still on 9.10.2-U6, can I suggest you give it a try and advise if the NIC works? https://download.freenas.org/archived/9.10/latest/x64/

andfrid

Dabbler
yes NIC is enabled on BIOS. The BIOS is in last version, the same for BMC. To night I try with live OS but I think that it will work.

Inxsible

Guru
Check your router if it can "see" the MAC address of any of the NICs. If the lights are flashing correctly, then the router must be assigning an IP address.

andfrid

Dabbler
I have an ISP router/switch, I have not lof of feature. I try live OS and I have no network crd also. In fact about flash led. There is well orange led (cable connected) but I never saw green led or second orange led. There is like network cards are disable in BIOS (I try to pass disabled and there is the same state) but is well enable. I try to reset the BIOS, any change, I try to downgrade the BIOS and is not possible. I think, the motherboard have an issue

Inxsible

Guru
I have an ISP router/switch, I have not lof of feature. I try live OS and I have no network crd also. In fact about flash led. There is well orange led (cable connected) but I never saw green led or second orange led. There is like network cards are disable in BIOS (I try to pass disabled and there is the same state) but is well enable. I try to reset the BIOS, any change, I try to downgrade the BIOS and is not possible. I think, the motherboard have an issue
Did you buy it new? If so, you should RMA it as soon as possible if you are sure that it is a motherboard issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.