iscsi initiator discover portal authentication failure for windows 7 home premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthu

Cadet
I am SQL DBA and I am trying to setup sql clustering on my laptop.

I have installed vmware workstation 8 and configured all freenas setups (storage,sharing,services ect).

After completed all and trying to connect the iscsi initiator i got "authentication failure " error.

opened --> iscsi initiator --> discover portal --> typed the my freenas ip: xx.xx.xx.xx default port 3260 --> authentication failure for windows 7 home premium.

Vm workstation: 8

Freenas : FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3

I am looking forward for your help.

Please let me know if you need more info.

praecorloth

Contributor
My first guess would be that you've got authentication set to something other than None. I've never actually had security on an iSCSI target I've created as they've always been on their own separate physical network. If you go in to your iSCSI set up and make sure that authentication is set to None, I bet you'd get in. The next question would be: Are you trying to put any kind of security on this, or is having it open to the network alright?

muthu

Cadet
praecorloth

Thanks for taking time to reply my queries. I have re setup all and it worked fine.

Thanks.

neo123w

Cadet
Muthu,

I'm SQL Server DBA and I have VMWare Workstation 8. I wanted to setup a Clustering.

Can you please share with me your VMWare Workstation configurations?

I'm very appreciated your help.

Thanks,
Edwin

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I don't have any VMware workstation configurations to share, but I wanted to note that CHAP and Mutual CHAP both work fine on FreeNAS. They may not be necessary on a separate physical network, of course, but on the other hand, better safe than sorry.

muthu

Cadet
Muthu,

I'm SQL Server DBA and I have VMWare Workstation 8. I wanted to setup a Clustering.

Can you please share with me your VMWare Workstation configurations?

I'm very appreciated your help.

Thanks,
Edwin

I forgot it the error/problem but I have faced some problem by using free nas so thought I use the star wind.
I am sure you can use free nas it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.