Iscsi changed to SMB

Sorry guys, totally new to FreeNAS.
I setup an iscsi pool and connected to servers to it. I ended up needing to change this to an SMB connection because of the limitations of 2 read/write servers on one iscsi connection.

I disabled iscsi and turned on SMB, but when I did this, I could t authenticate. So I created a user and it authenticated, but it authenticated to a different set of data. So I removed that user and now I cant find my data. I dont know what I need to do to access the data that was there with the iscsi connection.

Now I am having trouble finding my data. It is still showing storage being used, but I cant find my data any longer.

I have 2 NICs (192.168.1.0 for management & 10.10.10.0 for data)
FreeNAS is FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2
Servers are running Server 2019

End Goal:
Both servers connected via an SMB mapped drive so both can read/write freely. No need for permissions to certain users as this is just a home build.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Your iSCSI share is inside zvols, which are disk images. You'll need to have one of the iSCSI initiators pull that data out of the target to a local directory.
Your SMB shares are of a ZFS dataset, which roughly corresponds to a folder. Attach to that share from the system that pulled the files out of the iSCSI remote disk, and then copy over all the data from the temporary local directory.

Hey Samuel,

Thanks for the reply.

I have setup the iscsi connection again and I attached it to server1. I then shared that from server1 and mapped the drive to server2. This will work for me for now until I can get a large enough drive to backup the data.

Thanks for the quick reply.