iocage starts but cannot attach console

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJoeAZ

Dabbler
I have recently decided to do a fresh install of FreeNAS 11.2 with this fresh install I have setup a new pool for all of my data to live.

I completed migrations of my data from the old pool to the new pool but left the legacy data like jails out of the migration.

I then created a new iocage plugin for Plex and backed up my new iocage plugin data (Plex Media Server) folder.

I then copied over all of the data from the legacy jail with the exception of the Cache folder using the documentation here as a guide: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201370363-move-an-install-to-another-system/

I then ran chown on the folder recursively to set the perms for group and owner.

At this point I thought I would be able to start the plugin and launch the web ui and work on adding the new mount points to my media.

None of this worked I just got connection refused in browser.

After some digging, I realized the version of the iocage Plex plugin was out of date and behind my warden version.
Therefore, I was going to try to update it and then found that I could not even run:

Code:
iocage console plex

As it would just kick me back out the root freenas prompt.

I have also tried other plugins which work fine. And the console in the web ui which just hangs with a blinking cursor.

I have since installed a new plugin plex_2 and that seems to function correctly with respect to this.

As this seems to be at least something wrong I am hoping if I resolve this maybe it will enable me to finish migrating my Plex over.
So my question is does anyone have any idea why this might be happening or how I might be able to resolve this issue short of starting all over.

FJoeAZ

Dabbler
Ended up just starting over from scratch with plex but if anyone knows how this could of happened or how one would go about fixing this it could come in handy in the future. Or at least where one might find any kind of errors associated with this. As I could not find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.