iocage pool "disappears" on reboot (11.2-BETA3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sami

Cadet
Hi,

Sure this strange issue is on a beta release, none the less I would like to learn why.
I do not have any errors to post really so, please, help me out to which errors to look for.

I have 3 pools connected to my test machine.

freenas-boot (ada1 - freenas)
tank (all media)
iocage (ada0 - iocage jails - SSD)

The iocage gets activated by iocage when running a fetch. My normal approach is to create a machine, do some things, set template=yes, create machine off of that template.
Once said and done, the pool still looks great on zpool status since this has happened before I tried to do a zpool scrub iocage which reveals no problems.

Here's where the problems come in. Once I issue a reboot, ada1 is no longer detected by FreeNAS during boot. dmesg | grep ada0 gives me nothing.
Running iocage list now activates tank as iocage pool instead.

I am fairly limited in my knowledge about ZFS and looking to learn as I go. If I'm missing something basic here to look into, please feel free to teach me.

As a side note, I'm counting the hours to RC1 so I can see if the issue is still there.

Last edited:

sretalla