Interface shutdown frustration

wgreenway

Dabbler
I had (past tense) 11.1 configured and working, I am using a Intel Clone 10GTek NIC and DAC cable connected to a switch. The thing has been working fine, but I rebooted from the web interface and now during the startup... the NIC starts operational but right about the time I see consul starting the link light in the switch goes off and it doesn't work. I can delete, recreate and reset the IP that link light won't come back on. I originally thought it was the card, I had a spare... does the same thing.

If during boot I select the initial install from boot options in grub the NIC will come up in DHCP mode and I can get a web interface. If I use the reset configuration and blow away everything, the NIC will come up and work. Trying to shell in and use the netif script won't get it activate. This is really ticking me off and bumming me out because I spent a lot of time configuring the jails and other stuff but this interface issue turns this ZFS array into a really expensive paperweight.

Suggestions of where and what to look for? It must be something in the web interface configuration... I have saved configs and if I roll back to an earlier config the NIC works again... but all the stuff in my jails and such goes buh-bye which is undesirable.

Help.

wgreenway

Dabbler
Were you able to determine the cause for this?

I have determined it is related to jail start up and have put a post in the jail forum. Wish I had known that removing the autostart file from the jail meta directory would stop the server from being bricked... it would have saved me from rebuilding everything TWICE.