install Munin-Node

vikozo6

Patron

danb35

Hall of Famer
is there another way to install it
If it will run under FreeBSD, you can almost certainly put it in a jail--you should (almost) never install software in the base OS. The instructions you linked to should work in the jail, the only difference I can see is that you wouldn't need to enable the FreeBSD repo because it's enabled by default.

Last edited:

vikozo6

Patron
@danb35 Thanks for your feedback,
if i do install in a Jail - do i still get information about Share and share size?
and the healthy system of the bareOS?

Adrian

Contributor
While I was in a $JOB I used Munin to monitor a bunch of FreeBSD servers. The stock munin-node package needed a lot of other packages, but I seem to recall that there was a shell script that provided basic functionality. However, I have had a quick look for it with no success.

vikozo6

Patron
i did install it and after a reboot it was all gone! ;-(

vikozo6

Patron
any idea to install it - munin-node would be enough...

vikozo6

Patron

Fredda

Guru
i did install it and after a reboot it was all gone! ;-(
How did you install it? Where did you install it? As you never exactly described what you did it is hard to tell what went wrong.
If you try to install something in /usr - don't! This will be gone after reboot. So what you observed is expected behavior.

vikozo6

Patron
sorry - select from the Plugin list - select Plex - install it .
Then map the directorys with the place the Video are.
access with the IPAdresse:Portaddress and you are there - nothing less nothing more. Andi it worked also fine since a couple of months/Years.
as soon i'am back home will tell you where it is.

vikozo6

Patron

danb35

Hall of Famer
As you've already been told, you should (almost) never install software in the FreeNAS base system; it needs to be in a jail instead.