I'm looking for an expert who's going to help me out

nitro87

Cadet
are new and without a knowledge base of freenas

I have 2 dedicated servers
1 server with kvm ability to install freenas
1 server to install nextcloud

I'm looking for someone who shows me or explains well how to start this adventure!

I await your answer to clarify my ideas

Thank you in advance

Heracles

Wizard
Well...

First is that we can not do anything because you did not told us anything about your "servers"
Second is that we can not do anything because you did not told us anything about your need and use.

Add to that that to virtualize FreeNAS is not recommended and when absolutely required, ESXi is the only hypervisor with a minimum level of experience around. KVM or another is not recommended at all.

nitro87

Cadet
ok I explain right away that I need it to do it to manage and send files between friends and colleagues

servers I can also use a raspberry to install freenas

then I look for someone to explain me or show me how to start the whole thing (paying the trouble)

Thank you for answering me

gpsguy

Please read the documentation, especially the system requirements. FreeNAS won't run on a Raspberry Pi - incompatible CPU, etc.

VioletDragon

Patron
are new and without a knowledge base of FreeNAS

I have 2 dedicated servers
1 server with kvm ability to install FreeNAS
1 server to install nextcloud

I'm looking for someone who shows me or explains well how to start this adventure!

I await your answer to clarify my ideas

Thank you in advance

ok I explain right away that I need it to do it to manage and send files between friends and colleagues

servers I can also use a raspberry to install FreeNAS

then I look for someone to explain me or show me how to start the whole thing (paying the trouble)

Thank you for answering me

Please look at the hardware requirement guide. FreeNAS will not run on a Raspberry Pi CPU is the issue and RAM is another issue. It is recommended to run FreeNAS with ECC RAM which means Server hardware or a Intel/AMD Board that supports ECC. https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/hardware-guide/

VioletDragon

Patron
ok thanks for your answers and clarifications

No problem. If you are looking for a Server board to pair up with a E3 CPU and ECC Memory look at a Intel S1200 Server board. You can pick them up at a good price on ebay.