If you have FreeNAS .7 you are in the wrong Forum!

paleoN

Wizard
If you have FreeNAS .7 you are in the wrong Forum. FreeNAS .7 has been rebranded to NAS4Free.

The forums you are looking for are located at http://forums.nas4free.org/. While you are there give them a hand.

artlessknave

Wizard

Apollo

Wizard
How do you even pronounce the name?

artlessknave

Wizard
I don't know as I have no connection to the probject, but I assume it's basically as spelled...
zig. ma. nas.
i only really just realized they changed it (again) when the links didnt work when I was curious where the "give them a hand. " link failed utterly.

INCSlayer

Contributor
i think its supposed to be pronounced like sigma so Sigma Nas?

artlessknave

Wizard
i suppose that's possible. i cannot see how that's in any way relevant on the freenas forums though. I know I don't care. I specifically chose the version of freenas that evolved into..freenas, because I thought the base version, that branched off into .7/nas4free had a stupid ui (i loathed how you had to go into each disk, partition it, set it to raid, assign it as active, and THEN make a pool, manually add each disk, chose the pool filesystem.....whatever, while in fn8, you just make a pool, select disks, vdev type...and it made a pool *automatically*, like it should.)

Apollo

Wizard
Back then ZFS was not even known. It gave me lots of headache having to choose which disk format to adhere to.
Much has improved since then.

artlessknave

Wizard
Back then ZFS was not even known. It gave me lots of headache having to choose which disk format to adhere to.
Much has improved since then.
zfs was literally what I was using. how is that "not known"?

Apollo

Wizard
zfs was literally what I was using. how is that "not known"?
I meant, .7 didn't have ZFS then. UFS at best, but mostly NTFS... from what I recall.

artlessknave

Wizard
I'm fairly sure it did, because thats when I learned about zfs. but it has been quite awhile so I cannot be positive.

ZiggyGT

Contributor