I just did a update to FreeNAS-11.2-U8 and then FreeNAS-11.3 and it crashed will not boot

rentahippie

Cadet
when it was trying to boot up in the New version .
It panic and crashed into the DB and could not finished boot.
I have to revert back to 12-U8

blueether

Patron
not much to go on there...

msbxa

Contributor
Better practice (That's what I do) is update to FreeNAS-11.2-U8 first then make sure everything is working and last save config, if possible restart the FreeNAS just to see if there is nothing wrong with the version. later update to FreeNAS 11.3.

profwalken

Patron
I've done same update as you done , remotely from FN 11.2 U7 to 11.3 U1, and after GUI reboot server never came back. As now i'm not able to go on location and connect a display to see what happens and how to revert to 11.2 U7.

If server don't boot at all, do i need to reinstall and restore a config backup to revert to 11.2 U7 ?

msbxa

Contributor
Have you tried reboot through the console and see if you can be able to select 11.2 u7?

profwalken

Patron
For now no, as i've done this update remotely last night and location is closed for the weekend, so until monday morning no more shenanigans about FN.
Of course I need to come with a display and keyb to be able to see something on server side.

Hope like you said boot can let me choose previous release and avoid complete reinstall

profwalken

Patron
Hi,
so today , found server on 11.3 U1 boot , but no more network link and impossible to set an IP adress , also lots of error with eaton650 UPS on USB link.
So for now I revert to 11.2 U7 like it was and averything works fine.
Waiting for a fix .