I have an error and need help to now what it means

Darklion

Explorer
Failed to check for alert IPMISEL: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 650, in __run_source alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or [] File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/../alert/source/ipmi_sel.py", line 130, in check (await run(["ipmitool", "-c", "sel", "elist"], encoding="utf8")).stdout) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 109, in run cp.check_returncode() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 444, in check_returncode self.stderr) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('ipmitool', '-c', 'sel', 'elist')' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 07:02:21 PM (America/Los_Angeles)Re-Open

that is the error I am getting, I just installed a fresh install of the new 11.3 and import all the save settings form my old 11.2-U7.

Any help will be appressiated.

This is dealing with IPMI, some issues in the setup.

Darklion

Explorer
sorry but that did't help. I got no idea what IPMI is and, what do you mean with the setup? the setup of the pools, plugings? the installation of 11.3?

those short coments don't realy help.

See the FreeNAS manual on IPMI then reconfigure your machines IPMI settings.

seanm

Guru
I've just received this same alert too.

I updated from 11.2-U7 to 11.3 just 2 days ago. I never played with IPMI in 11.2 though, so I can't say this is or isn't a new bug in 11.3.

I was trying to change the IPMI password, which I did successfully a few times, then after another change, it didn't refresh the web page and my browser eventually timed out. When I logged in again, that alert was there twice.

And now the IPMI web interface doesn't load anymore, though it does respond to ping.

Darklion

Explorer
I decided that before messing around with that I would perform 4 updates that where available. After that the system didn't boot anymore so now I have to re install it.

Darklion

Explorer
I Just reinstall everything fresh and all my problems are gone. after the 4th fresh install I got finally working everything properly. Now I won't mess with anything else as I only wanted this for Plex and I got what I wanted. I would like to have NextCloud but it has show pretty difficult to set it up, so I am giving up on that, I don't have much time to be learning more things.