I can't connect smb share with specific user.

emirefek

Cadet
Hey everyone. I'm a home user trying store my files on FreeNAS but I messed up everything. I need help. I have 2 user And I need help. When I try to connect samba I can connect user2 but I cannot connect from user1. I applied perms like everydatasets owner is user1 and ownergroup is group2(which have user2). I need help. And when I try to connect from user1 I cannot see anylogs in both syslog or smblogs. If you help me I'll be glad.

My perm system is not too hard to set. I can reset them If you say how I can. And I wanna reset samba too. Can you help How can I do it?

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all

I have a home environment and i am the single user
I have what i consider a simple /vanilla set up

I have added one user to freenas who owns and has full access to all the share drives my freenas ip is 192.168.1.104

I have a UID =1000 and GID =1000 added to freenas. my home directory is /mnt/media my shell is /bin/csh and i have a password that i remember well

1000=wbravin

I have installed ember server correctly and loaded the folders a /media/movies...music....tv shows I also added a share network path in emby server folder as \\192.168.1.104\media\movies. Emby syncs the folder no problem

I use Kodi as my media player and i added the emby for kodi plugin

when you install the plugin the first thing it will ask you is in which mode do you want to proceed. Because of file naming issues emby addon mode I select native playback. This requires to add path as the source for the media.

So i click on add source and i enter smb://192.168.1.104/media/movies as the path. kodi comes back with a window asking me for user, password and if i want to remember this path. (should it be smb://freenas/media/movies)

so i enter wbravin and my password and select to remember the path

KODI responds with the same window as above with the username (as accepted) in white and the password in red with the field empty

what am i doing incorrectly?

do i need to set up another user?

Thank you for looking at this and your assistance