htpc can no longer access freenas

William Bravin

Contributor
hello all,

it was suggested i open a new thread

i may have screwed up. my nas is connected to s switch along with a laptop. they are all connected to the router via powerlines. MY Htpc is connected to the router. in addition to a standard root user i have created a secondary user "wbravin" with a password. In each computers my credentials reflects my username and passwords of my system all in lowercase, my media folders are mapped and freenas shows under network in win 10., My laptop can access my Freenas no issues or problems. The mapped drives are accessible and under networks i see the folders in my nas.

on my htpc when i go to access the share drives i get a request for user authentication. I enter my password (same as in freenas user) and it refuses to grant me access i get a specified network password is incorrect . Under networks i see the freenas server but when i click on it i get a blank page. please help

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is your HTPC using NTLMv1? (this version of the protocol is unsafe and was disabled a few versions back in the SMB component of FreeNAS)

If you do a few quick searches you will see that there is a way to re-enable it.

William Bravin

Contributor
thank you for your prompt response. How and were do i check for NTLMv1?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Services:SMB:Settings (click the pencil) then you see the checkbox for NTLMv1.

William Bravin

Contributor
i have no services called SMB where do i see this?

William Bravin

Contributor
duh found what you meant. i click on the NTLMv1 and now my shares work Thank you. i still get a blank page when i click on the freenas server icon under network

sretalla