How to test the speed of Internet in jails

angel2009123

Dabbler
I use DDNS for mapping access to the intranet nextcloud.

It is found that the network speed entering the traffic is particularly slow. Is this a problem with my DDNS device or my nextcloud settings?

angel2009123

Dabbler
root@nextcloud:/tmp # pkg add "https://bintray.com/ookla/download/download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg"
[nextcloud] Fetching download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg: [nextcloud] Fetching download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg: [nextcloud] Fetching download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg: [nextcloud] Fetching download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg: [nextcloud] Fetching download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg: 100% 520 KiB 177.4kB/s 00:03
[nextcloud] Installing speedtest-1.0.0.2-1.5ae238b...
pkg: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:12:x86:64 instead of FreeBSD:11:amd64

Failed to install the following 1 package(s): https://bintray.com/ookla/download/download_file?file_path=ookla-speedtest-1.0.0-freebsd.pkg
root@nextcloud:/tmp # ll

Fredda

Guru
pkg: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:12:x86:64 instead of FreeBSD:11:amd64
Of course you have to read the error messages.

Is your nextcloud a jail or a plugin? Installing additional packages in a plugin might or might not work, depending on the plugin.
My jail (release 11.3) says:
Code:
pkg search speedtest
py27-speedtest-cli-2.1.1       Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth
py37-speedtest-cli-2.1.1       Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth

Not 100% sure if that is the same though. You could also try iperf or iperf3.

angel2009123

Dabbler
Of course you have to read the error messages.

Is your nextcloud a jail or a plugin? Installing additional packages in a plugin might or might not work, depending on the plugin.
My jail (release 11.3) says:
Code:
pkg search speedtest
py27-speedtest-cli-2.1.1       Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth
py37-speedtest-cli-2.1.1       Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth

Not 100% sure if that is the same though. You could also try iperf or iperf3.
-----------
root@nextcloud:~ # pkg search speedtest
py27-speedtest-cli-2.1.2 Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth
py37-speedtest-cli-2.1.2 Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth
root@nextcloud:~ #

Is that ok? How to run it

Fredda

Guru
Is that ok?
That is depending on what you want.
How to run it
You'll need to install it and run it. On how to run, I don't know exactly, you should read the documentation on the homepage garm linked.
I'm not even 100% sure if that is exactly that same program. As mentioned iperf and iperf3 are also great tools for basic network performance testing.

You install packages using the pkg install command. You should also make you self familiar with the pkg command, run pkg help.

John_Arthur

Cadet
I had the exact same problem in the past when I reinstalled the windows 10. I tried to update and install all drivers and it did not help. Then I asked my friend to share his install files with me and in order to replace them with mine. Later on, I realized that all the time I had an unstable connection of the internet and I understood it was because I had an LTE connection. I searched for local internet providers on usave.co.uk and found a 100mbps speed in,y local area by typing in my postal code. A few days later I downloaded files of my friend and I got my problem fixed and installed all windows updates cause previously I could not do that because of the bad internet connection. Now it is fine and hope it will be always like that.