How to Install TeamSpeak 3 Server Into A Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris230291

Patron
Can you check in etc.rc.d for the team speak script? It should be there.. If not one will need to be created..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

Hello and thanks for the reply!

I have already checked that directory in the jail and it does not exist.

Is creating one easy enough to do?

Cheers,
Chris.

EDIT: I just tried installing it again (with the same results) and noticed that at the end of the installation it said

Code:
in your /etc/rc.conf and then use it like any other service.                  

If you have a license file (licensekey.dat) and/or ts3server.ini,             
put it into /usr/local/etc/teamspeak                                          

To see the admin token after the first start, have a look                     
into the logs in /var/log/teamspeak                                           

TeamSpeak DNS server (tsdns) is not handled by this port. If you              
need it, please download and install it manually.                             
====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)                                    
===> Staging rc.d startup script(s)                                           
===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file                                 
===>  Installing for teamspeak3-server-3.0.10.3_2,1                           
===>  Checking if teamspeak3-server already installed                         
===>   Registering installation for teamspeak3-server-3.0.10.3_2,1            
pkg-static: Malformed keyword dirrmtry, wrong mode section                    
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 74                                                  

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server.                                   
*** [install] Error code 1                                                    

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server.                                   
root@TeamSpeak:/usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server #   

EDIT 2: Reinstalling it again but in a "standard" jail instead of a "portjail" fixed my problems. It even created the folders (/var/db/teamspeak + /var/log/teamspeak). However, the permissions for those folders was incorrect so they needed to be fixed before the server is started.

Maybe you can amend the guide for others?

An additional question though...
Is there any way I can request another privilege key in this particular port? The guides I have found online for requesting new privilege keys require login credentials that I didn't see during installation. This is where they are shown, apparently.

Chris

Last edited:

biinary

Cadet
I'm having the same errors that Chris had, except that the errors persisted when I tried to install it in a standard jail. Is there anything specific that was done or just changed the type of jail?

EDIT:
Got it to work. I removed a line from the .PLIST.mktmp file that used dirmmtry. It was like line 254 and it looked different from all of the other dirmmtry lines... and that worked. So yeah.

Last edited:

Chris230291

Patron
I'm having the same errors that Chris had, except that the errors persisted when I tried to install it in a standard jail. Is there anything specific that was done or just changed the type of jail?

EDIT:
Got it to work. I removed a line from the .PLIST.mktmp file that used dirmmtry. It was like line 254 and it looked different from all of the other dirmmtry lines... and that worked. So yeah.

The only thing I did was upgrade to 9.2.1.7.
Seems weird that everyone is having different problems though.

Yatti420

Wizard
I will investigate this.. Is this only on freh installs from 9.2.1.7? I use a port jail for install typically for ports..

Chris230291

Patron
No not fresh.
I upgraded from .6 just to see if it was to do with that, but it wasn't, it still failed.
Then I did what I mentioned above and it worked perfectly.
I'm not sure weather or not what I did would work on .5 and .6 too.

Yatti420

Wizard
My server has persisted and ts3 upgraded everything seems fine.. I just did a clean install using a port jail with the log / db folder chmod.. I was able to start it first time..

hausfrau

Cadet
I have a solution for you all. Before you start to do anything run pgk upgrade and update all already installed packages. Then start with portsnap command and the remaining steps. The installation will then also create the folders /var/db/teamspeak & /var/log/teamspeak but will not set the correct owner and access, so you still need to set chmod 777 to allow teampseak full access.

Yatti420

Wizard
I have a solution for you all. Before you start to do anything run pgk upgrade and update all already installed packages. Then start with portsnap command and the remaining steps. The installation will then also create the folders /var/db/teamspeak & /var/log/teamspeak but will not set the correct owner and access, so you still need to set chmod 777 to allow teampseak full access.

I don't think this is nescessary though.. All I got was.. With a port jail I didn't think this would be a requirement..

Code:
root@ts3test:/ # pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
[ts3test] Fetching meta.txz: 100%   968 B   1.0k/s    00:01
[ts3test] Fetching digests.txz: 100%    2 MB   2.0M/s    00:01
[ts3test] Fetching packagesite.txz: 100%    5 MB   5.3M/s    00:01
Processing new repository entries: 100%
FreeBSD repository update completed. 23288 packages processed:
  0 updated, 0 removed and 23288 added.
Updating database digests format: 100%
Checking for upgrades (12 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
root@ts3test:/ # pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking for upgrades (12 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

hausfrau

Cadet
For me it was needed, for some reason seem the pluginjail template bit outdated, so pkg upgrade solved the issue. If you jail is already up to date by the template, you are fine. :)

/EDIT
http://www.freshports.org/audio/teamspeak3-server/ on 10 Sep 2014 20:50:37 said:
Update the default version of GCC in the Ports Collection from GCC 4.7.4 to GCC 4.8.3.

This looks like the cause why for people fail the installation. (At the same time started people reporting issues installing TS3 Server too) ;)

I noticed when I created a new pluginjail from the already downloaded template some time ago GCC was version 4.7.x but the TS3 port obviously had been updated and require the newer version now. So users who can't install TS3 Server should check on that inside the jail they want TS3 install into and probably need to update some packages before they can install TS3 Server.

Last edited:

Stormfire

Cadet
I know you have heard this before but I've just installed teamspeak server on my freenas, the server installed without a hitch, the problem I have is there are no logs, I mkdir and chmond 777 those 2 dir and that went without a problem, but when I checked the log dir it was empty, not so with the db dir as it has files in it, I have started the sever, and i know it's running as I logged into teamspeak client with it, and it asked for the token, so that is all good, but now need to find the logs to get the token.

Can anyone tell me why the teakspeak log dir should be empty?

Stormfire

Cadet
I have tried yet again, to install teamspeak server, it's installed without a problem, did the start no problem, and able to login with the client from the network, but the log dir is still empty, so am not able to get the token, to gain admin, and finish setting it, would be of much help as to why the the log dir is still empty.

I have tied re-installing a number of time.

Yatti420

Wizard
What are the permissions of the log directory?

Stormfire

Cadet
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Oct 10 08:51 teamspeak/
that's the way it's set, this was not using chmond 777 but I've tryed the other way as well and made no difference.
I checked the db dir and that has the db in it.

Stormfire

Cadet
I would not need the log files if I could reset the password to get into the db, for I could get the token from there. So if you know where the exec file is I can rest the password from it.
thank you.

Yatti420

Wizard
Give full 777 permissions on the log directory..

raidflex

Guru
Thanks for the guide, I was able to get TS installed and working properly. Just had to change permissions of the log folder. I also updated pkg-ng to latest before installing the port.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
Edit : i found out how i could find them, but now the freenas say's i dont have permissions so i have to do the mkdir and chmod but i don't understand how :/

Last edited:

raidflex

Guru
I have problem with the keys, i dind't see them after nstallation and i am kinda confused how to find them. can somebody help me ?

You need to set the permissions on the log directory before you start the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.