How to Install TeamSpeak 3 Server Into A Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

obsodien

Dabbler
I completely understand that one... appreciate all the help so far... now back to my MineOS issues..... All in all, loving FreeNAS so far!!!!!!

Yatti420

Wizard
I'm not sure what the specific problem was but I had zero issues so far.. All of this assumes you try and install TS3 within a jail..

obsodien

Dabbler
followed the instructions posted here and was successful the first time. for wahtever reason, which i cannot remember at this time, i removed the jail. Every attempt to install after that has failed with the same issue....

obsodien

Dabbler
For fun i went ahead and created a test virtual FreeNAS sever via VM VirtualBox and install TeamSpeak from a virgin system. After all was said and done, i still get the same error as before. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the port install? For lack of a better term...

Yatti420

Wizard
A VM install could cause problems.. I've done the install a few times on actual hardware and works fine..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

obsodien

Dabbler
for whatever reason, when i go to start the server up for the first time, it cannot locate the teamspeak folder...this goes for both my live Freenas server as well as VM....

Error message:

root@teamspeak_1:/usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server # service teamspeak onestart
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak: WARNING: /var/db/teamspeak is not a directory.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak: WARNING: failed precmd routine for teamspeak
root@teamspeak_1:/usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server #

Had no problems the first time installed, but every install afterwards, i get the same....

Yatti420

Wizard
Please delete the jail and restart the nas and try again.. That's the best advice I can give.

Dutch_Gabber

Cadet
Hello,
I followed your tutorial but things don't seem to go as i wanted.

I created a Portjail and changed the VIMAGE setting to disabled. image
Next I used the "portsnap fetch extract" command in the teamspeak terminal and gone to the right directory plaatje
Next i hit enter several times while installation.
At the end I expected a admin and server query login, but this didn't appear. image
How do I open the logs to view these?

But the bigger problem, the "service teamspeak onestart" didn't seem to work image.

I hope you guys can help me with this.

obsodien

Dabbler
I went ahead and deleted the JAIL about 2 weeks ago and hadn't done anything until 9.2.1.6 was released and upgrade the server, causing a reboot. i went ahead and followed the instructions as before and i am getting the same result as before. Dutch_Gabber got the same message i did and he has a screenshot of the message in the 3rd image. with all things being equal, is it possible something is wrong with the package? just begging to wonder, that is all....

Yatti420

Wizard
I will investigate this shortly.. I want to confirm neither of you are running freenas as a VM?

Yatti420

Wizard
Hello,
I followed your tutorial but things don't seem to go as i wanted.

I created a Portjail and changed the VIMAGE setting to disabled. image
Next I used the "portsnap fetch extract" command in the teamspeak terminal and gone to the right directory plaatje
Next i hit enter several times while installation.
At the end I expected a admin and server query login, but this didn't appear. image
How do I open the logs to view these?

But the bigger problem, the "service teamspeak onestart" didn't seem to work image.

I hope you guys can help me with this.

Based on the images provided it looks like you deleted TS3 after installation.. I will test this out now and get back to you.. It's possible with newer versions of freenas something happened with permissions which prevents a ts3 install..

I should point out I've only tried this on an x64 install.. If your using 32-bit this may not work..

Fixed: The following directories need to be created in order for the precmd start routine to run..

Run mkdir & chmod 777 on the following directories as root..
/var/db/teamspeak
/var/log/teamspeak

I will take a further look as there may be more issues now with the install at the moment over 9.2.1.6.. Now verified operational.. Enjoy..

obsodien

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS x64. followed the amended steps and TeamSpeak Server is up and running. thank you for the assist. On a side note, i think the problem started with release 9.2.1.5. i do remember getting it to work without a hitch before hand on 9.2.1.4, or at least the version before....

Again, thanks for the help...

obsodien

Dabbler
tried to run the two commands stopping and starting the service afterwards and get the following message when executing the stop service:

root@teamspeak_1:/ # service teamspeak3 stop
teamspeak3 does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)
root@teamspeak_1:/ #

hopefully I am being of more helpful than a nuisance....
root@teamspeak_1:/ # service teamspeak3 stop teamspeak3 does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d

Dutch_Gabber

Cadet
Thank you for your fast response, Yatti.

After I added the two folders i used the onestart command. This seems to be working but I didn't get a password.
And my next question is, how do I add a new line to the rc.conf file?

obsodien

Dabbler
Enter in "Edit /etc/rc.conf" within the jail. this should bring up the file for editing. Once in there, go ahead and arrow down to the last line last character and press <ENTER>. It is at this spot that you will add the line teamspeak_enable="YES". Once you have done this, hit the ESC key to get the EDIT options. I believe it is C for file options and then you will select save.
Afterwards hit ESC key again and then A for exit

I think that should cover it... Let me know if i missed anything Yatti...

Yatti420

Wizard
The instructions for autostart of ts3 Is provided in earlier posts.. Thanks

Dutch_Gabber

Cadet
Thank you. I got the first thing working right now, but i still have two problems.

First I wanted to see if i could find the credentials in the logs, but I couldn't find them:

Code:
root@teamspeak_1:/var/log/teamspeak # ls                                       
ts3server_2014-07-07__10_03_35.581585_0.log                                   
ts3server_2014-07-07__10_33_53.019671_0.log                                   
ts3server_2014-07-07__19_03_47.744724_0.log                                   
ts3server_2014-07-07__19_13_22.361402_0.log 

The first file gives me:
Code:
|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |  | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.10.3 (2014-01-01 16:28:39)                                             
|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |  | SystemInformation: FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p4 #0 r262572+17a4d3d: Wed Apr 23
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH                         
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | dbPlugin version: 3.7.3                                                                       
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | checking database integrity (may take a while)                                                 
|INFO    |SQL          |  | db_CreateTables() tables created                                                               
|WARNING |Accounting    |  | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality                       
|INFO    |              |  | Puzzle precompute time: 4654    
|ERROR  |FileManager  |  | bind() failed: 49                                                                             
|ERROR  |FileManager  |  | bind failed on 0.0.0.0:30033                                                                   
|INFO    |VirtualSvrMgr |  | executing monthly interval                                                                     
|INFO    |VirtualSvrMgr |  | reset virtualserver traffic statistics                                                         
|ERROR  |              |  | TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: 8 (hostname nor servname provided, or not known) 0 
|ERROR  |              |  | Could not open default UDP connection for weblist                                             
|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |  | Server() error while starting virtualservers, halted! error: unable to bind network port 

The second log gives me
Code:
|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |  | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.10.3 (2014-01-01 16:28:39)                                             
|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |  | SystemInformation: FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p4 #0 r262572+17a4d3d: Wed Apr 23
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH                         
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | dbPlugin version: 3.7.3                                                                       
|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |  | checking database integrity (may take a while)                                                 
|INFO    |SQL          |  | db_CreateTables() tables created                                                               
|WARNING |Accounting    |  | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality                       
|INFO    |              |  | Puzzle precompute time: 4654                                                                   
|ERROR  |FileManager  |  | bind() failed: 49                                                                             
|ERROR  |FileManager  |  | bind failed on 0.0.0.0:30033                                                                   
|INFO    |VirtualSvrMgr |  | executing monthly interval                                                                     
|INFO    |VirtualSvrMgr |  | reset virtualserver traffic statistics                                                         
|ERROR  |              |  | TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: 8 (hostname nor servname provided, or not known) 0 
|ERROR  |              |  | Could not open default UDP connection for weblist                                             
|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |  | Server() error while starting virtualservers, halted! error: unable to bind network port 

As you can see, the credentials aren't in here.

The second problem I still face is that i can't connect to the server:
Code:
<21:13:31> Trying to connect to server on 10.0.0.206
<21:13:36> Failed to connect to server

But I think i can explain this by the critical error i get in the logs.
Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you.

Yatti420

Wizard
You appear to be having network problems.. This is what it looks like when connection completes.. Token removed for security purposes.. Note you will only find this key in one of the first logs..

Code:
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699333|INFO |VirtualServer | 1| listening on 0.0.0.0:9987
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699840|INFO |VirtualServer | 1| client 'server'(id:0) added privilege key for servergroup 'Server Adm
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699865|WARNING |VirtualServer | 1| --------------------------------------------------------
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699884|WARNING |VirtualServer | 1| ServerAdmin privilege key created, please use the line below
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699903|WARNING |VirtualServer | 1| token=*************************************
2014-03-31 07:01:58.699924|WARNING |VirtualServer | 1| --------------------------------------------------------

You use this token in order to gain admin privileges.. See screenshot.. I believe the token only appears once.. Check your jail network connectivity..

Edit: Appears when you actually make a successful connection!

Attachments

• ts3firstconnect.png
    ts3firstconnect.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 915
Last edited:

Dutch_Gabber

Cadet
Thank you very much, everything seems to work now.
I assigned my .206 internal IP address to another plugin from FreeNAS that I uninstalled, but still had the MAC address assigned.
Was pretty stupid of me not to check that :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.