How to apply extra flags to cloud sync (googleapi: Error 403, --drive-alternate-export)

KenwoodFox

Explorer
Hello all! I'm getting this error using google drive and the cloud sync tasks in FreeNAS 11.3
The flag I think I need to add is this:
--drive-alternate-export
But I don't see where to add extra flags in the cloud sync setup, any help? thanks!

KenwoodFox

Explorer
How about this, can I setup an rsync task to use my certs? Approach the problem backward?

KenwoodFox

Explorer
@KenwoodFox (and anyone else that may stumble across this).

This is now fixed in FreeNAS-11.3-U5 under NAS-107108
Can't seem to load that link :/
I don't see an option still for extra flags in the latest version, in the bug report i created a few months ago they said they would not be changing the function or adding any control over the export mode.

dogsbodytech

Cadet
The link does load eventually but it is deathly slow for some reason! No idea why!

You are right that is doesn't add an option still for extra flags however it does seem to fix my problem that required --drive-alternate-export in the first place.

I know nothing about this but I've done some digging and can see that NAS-107108 ("Google Drive Cloud Sync tasks fail with exportSizeLimitExceeded") backported an rclone pull request into FreeNAS 11.3 (PR 801) and 12.0 (PR 802).

I now see that the rclone pull request removed the requirement for --drive-alternate-export as Google are now returning the data (exportLinks) that allows rclone to handle the export of big files.

Apologies for the confusion. I was here for the --drive-alternate-export bug. I absolutely agree that it would be great to be able to apply extra flags to cloud sync. But glad it's also now not needed as much.

I hope this helps someone else.

KenwoodFox

Explorer
The link does load eventually but it is deathly slow for some reason! No idea why!

You are right that is doesn't add an option still for extra flags however it does seem to fix my problem that required --drive-alternate-export in the first place.

I know nothing about this but I've done some digging and can see that NAS-107108 ("Google Drive Cloud Sync tasks fail with exportSizeLimitExceeded") backported an rclone pull request into FreeNAS 11.3 (PR 801) and 12.0 (PR 802).

I now see that the rclone pull request removed the requirement for --drive-alternate-export as Google are now returning the data (exportLinks) that allows rclone to handle the export of big files.

Apologies for the confusion. I was here for the --drive-alternate-export bug. I absolutely agree that it would be great to be able to apply extra flags to cloud sync. But glad it's also now not needed as much.

I hope this helps someone else.
Your right this does seem to help the sync task, I was able to get success from the task and it seems like everything pulled correctly, that's great. But I would still like the extra flags option available, it seems to be pretty dumb that it is not. But this is a good step.