Hidden Disks: Listed but not in Volume Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmirage

Dabbler
I had the power supply go out on my server recently, I was just starting to build a second volume with 6x500GB drives I had them in a volume called "Ground"

Replaced the PSU and some of the disks weren't being recongnized in this volume. After extensive troubleshooting I had another bad PSU... in the process of trouble shooting this I decided to scrub the "Ground" volume and just rebuild it.

New PSU is in and works fine, I have all 10 disks listed under view disks (6x500GB which where from the now removed "Ground" volume, and 4x2TB part of another volume)

When I go into Volume manager It is only listing two of the 500GB disks. I think what is happening is that the Ground Volume has been removed from those two disk. But not the other 4 (they weren't active when i removed the volume).

If I try to auto import volume it detects the old "Ground" volume and tries to import it but fails

"The volume "Ground" failed to import, for further details check pool status"

I only tried to import it so I could completely delete it

If anyone could give me some ideas how to remove the volumes from those last 4 500GB disks I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

snowmirage

Dabbler
I'm starting to wonder if it really was detecting all 10 disks this whole time. Trying to figure things out I unplugged the power on 3 disks booted back up and it still listed ada0-ada9 under "view disks" even though its not possible for them to be detected..

searching around for freebsd commands I found a way to view the boot up process

cat /var/run/dmesg.boot

and I'm not seeing them all detected on boot.... back to more testing...

Status
Not open for further replies.