Hi new

GarrySticc57

Cadet
Good day everyone,
I am the IT manager for my church. I do it as a volunteer basis and not as an occupation and i was looking at creating a NAS. Since i know very little about NAS i was wondering if anyone knew of a NAS for dummies or NAS 101 that i could take advantage of?
I will be using the NAS to provide file sharing to mulitple locations, using it as a central repository and backup system.
Thanks

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Welcome!

Your best-bet here is probably just reading articles around the web, or starting with our great handbook to get you up to speed on how FreeNAS works. Once you have the system up and running, its usually pretty easy to find howto's to do specific tasks, or feel free to ask here.

Dan Tudora

Patron
Good day everyone,
I am the IT manager for my church. I do it as a volunteer basis and not as an occupation and i was looking at creating a NAS. Since i know very little about NAS i was wondering if anyone knew of a NAS for dummies or NAS 101 that i could take advantage of?
I will be using the NAS to provide file sharing to mulitple locations, using it as a central repository and backup system.
Thanks
welcome again
good for you. in this days we need more volunteer including in IT.
the best way I think is to take a PC (any) with a HDD for storage and another for boot (a small one)
after that install FreeNAS and joke with them
make and destroy many time and after that you will be "aware"
and RTFM (read the faking manual) :D
and prey because this is not a "plug and play system" is a "plug and prey and read system"
regards

Dan Tudora

Patron
Good day everyone,
Thanks
hello
and is not bad to read after that when you a "big" man and "old" with first install and yours system will make what you want (is not longer, bealiveme)
https://www.ixsystems.com/community/resources/links-to-useful-threads.108/

succes