Hi All

Ruu

Cadet
Hi,

I am new to Freenas and this forum, no doubt I'll be asking a lot of questions going forward to help me setup my Freenas, so if I am asking questions already been answered please be patient with me.
Hopefully given time and experience I will be able to offer help as well to new newbies (if that makes sense).
I had a Qnap TS-453 Pro which failed on me just over a week ago, although I had a backup of most of my data I was unable to revive the NAS it appears the Mobo had failed.
After reading lots of information I decided Freenas and my own build NAS was best way forward (as I could replace hardware for any future failures or upgrades required).
New setup is: -
Gigabyte GA-H97N Mobo
Intel Quad Core i5-4460 @ 3.2Ghz
DDR3 16GB RAM (2x 8gb)
4 x 4tb SATA HDDs (from previous NAS)
1 x Kingston 120GB SSD (OS) Installed with FreeNAS.

I am now looking at setting up this to be mainly used as a Plex server with media stored and accesible mainly on my local network via a couple of TV's, FireTV and a couple of laptops (windows 10 and 7).
Regards,

Glorious1

Guru
Hi,

I am new to Freenas and this forum, no doubt I'll be asking a lot of questions going forward to help me setup my Freenas, so if I am asking questions already been answered please be patient with me.
Hopefully given time and experience I will be able to offer help as well to new newbies (if that makes sense).
I had a Qnap TS-453 Pro which failed on me just over a week ago, although I had a backup of most of my data I was unable to revive the NAS it appears the Mobo had failed.
After reading lots of information I decided Freenas and my own build NAS was best way forward (as I could replace hardware for any future failures or upgrades required).
New setup is: -
Gigabyte GA-H97N Mobo
Intel Quad Core i5-4460 @ 3.2Ghz
DDR3 16GB RAM (2x 8gb)
4 x 4tb SATA HDDs (from previous NAS)
1 x Kingston 120GB SSD (OS) Installed with FreeNAS.

I am now looking at setting up this to be mainly used as a Plex server with media stored and accesible mainly on my local network via a couple of TV's, FireTV and a couple of laptops (windows 10 and 7).
Regards,
Hi Ruu, welcome to the forums and FreeNAS. If you haven't yet bought your parts, you should post the new setup in the "Will it FreeNAS" forum for feedback. Good luck.
Jim

Ruu

Cadet
Hi Jim,
I have already purchased the items, it was too good a deal to miss for me.
I am learning as I go and / or need to with Freenas and the help of this community, so far so good.
Regards,