HELP WON'T BOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Hi there after downloaded latest version and tried to install,all went wel till it says remove cd and reboot.
Did that but it keeps hanging in loading system or sort of that.
Also it only recognizes only 3 of my 5 hdd's.
What is going wrong here,after that it also doesn't start as first boot device dvd rom but only from hdd but then it goes wrong like i told above.
Please help.

ikkenjij36

Explorer
AFter reinstalling everything it still doesn't want to boot,after i installed it on one of the hdd's ada0
it still want's to boot from cd/dvd so no lluck with freenas till now.
WHo can give me the solution for my problem?

Dusan

Guru
You need to provide more information about your HW setup and include any error messages you may be seeing for someone to be able to help you. However, from the little information you provided it seems that this is probably a problem with your BIOS settings (check the boot order / boot devices in BIOS).

ikkenjij36

Explorer
Allright cpu amdphenom 4qore hdd's 2 tb wd all same type
booting from dvd writer goes well after that i get message remove cd and reboot,when i pull out the cd and the trie to reboot it still say loadin os fom cd/dvd.
Do i first chaneg boot order in bios agai then cause when i don't put cd/dvd first i can't get freenas to start from it in the first place.
thanks for your help though

ikkenjij36

Explorer
this how it looks like when it's supposed to boot again

Attachments

• 20130914_154026[1].jpg
    20130914_154026[1].jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 279

ikkenjij36

Explorer
found out what a problem is,i can install when installing on 1 seperate hdd,when i connect more then the 1 where the system is installed i get the problem that it can't boot or do anything else.
Any one who can advice on what to do?
I can install on any seperate hdd when it's connected alone,but when i connect any of the other hdd's is goes wrong.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Learn how to change the boot order in bios

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Dusan

Guru
ikkenjij36, looking at your "screenshot" -- that does not look like FreeNAS boot sequence, it actually mentions ZFS guru. Are you sure you are trying to install FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.