help with nextcloud errors

varcal

Explorer
I am not very good at finding out how to fix my problems

I am using freenes 11.2
nextcloud 17

and I have errors the 1st one is I am trying to update my nextcloud and I get this

* ## Check for write permissions

The following places can not be written to:
* /usr/local/www/nextcloud/updater/../.htaccess

I can find where this is to fix it

next I get these

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

* PHP does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response. Please check the [installation documentation ↗](https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/17/go.php?to=admin-php-fpm) for PHP configuration notes and the PHP configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.
* MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read [the documentation page about this](https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/17/go.php?to=admin-mysql-utf8mb4).
* Accessing site insecurely via HTTP. You are strongly advised to set up your server to require HTTPS instead, as described in the [security tips ↗](https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/17/go.php?to=admin-security).

the docoumts on these that the link has is for other os freenes is different it has jails and I can figure out how to fix it

then I get this in Nextcloud

Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files.

I change the password but nothing happends and I can find out how to fix it

and the last thing

how do I get webdev to work with windows out side my network nextcloud tells me to use this

the nextcloud instruction in nextcloud is using https do I need to setup ssl to make it work out side my network or is there a work around that I can setup in my router or freenes

or how do I set up nextcloud to make it work

please help and thank you

G8One2

Patron

Apollo

Wizard
I am not very good at finding out how to fix my problems

I am using freenes 11.2
nextcloud 17

and I have errors the 1st one is I am trying to update my nextcloud and I get this

* ## Check for write permissions

The following places can not be written to:
* /usr/local/www/nextcloud/updater/../.htaccess
For this one, you could move the .htaccess in a temporary location that is not within the nextcloud install folder.
Then you can perform the update and then move it back.[/QUOTE]

danb35

Hall of Famer
or how do I set up nextcloud to make it work
Don't use the plugin. @G8One2 has given you links to a good guide for manual installation. If you want something a bit more automatic, some brilliant member of the community has written a script to automate the whole process, including SSL with trusted certificates.

varcal

Explorer
For this one, you could move the .htaccess in a temporary location that is not within the nextcloud install folder.
Then you can perform the update and then move it back.
[/QUOTE]

what is the full directory is .haccess in

varcal

Explorer
Don't use the plugin. @G8One2 has given you links to a good guide for manual installation. If you want something a bit more automatic, some brilliant member of the community has written a script to automate the whole process, including SSL with trusted certificates.

to in stall it this way not using the script is there a way to back up my setting in nextcloud so I do not have to redo every thing also is there a way to back up the jails also to I do not have to reenter those as well

garm

Wizard
Jails are volatile, just nuke it and create a new. Alternatively you can clone an existing jail and build on that.