HELP! Suspended boot due to kernel panic while scanning dataset.

benstech

Cadet
Hi all,
So my freenas server is running two Z2 Pools (I'm pretty sure Z2), one named Archive, and one named MEDIA. It has been running fine with no issues for a while now. I go to access my files this morning, and I notice that it is offline, so I plug in a 'console', and I get this message, and couldn't seem to find anything else about it. I am wondering if something is wrong with a system file, or a disk is failing, but I am not sure. I tried fresh installing, and loading up one of my previous config files from about 3 weeks ago, and the same thing happened.
IMG_4580.jpg
Any help is greatly appreciated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Looks like your config is broken then, since you already figured out that a new install runs OK until you feed it your config.

Import your pools and manually re-do your configuration.

Did you try with a fresh USB/boot disk? If not, it may be worth another try at restoring the config on a new boot media.

benstech

Cadet
Ok, I tried a fresh install on the same boot SSD. I’ll try a different SSD and see what happens. Thank you.

benstech

Cadet
Also, if the same thing happens with the new SSD, how do you go about redoing config and importing the pools? New to this system.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Under storage, pools, Add (button on the right), Import an existing pool...

Config otherwise as per your original work to set it up.

benstech

Cadet
Under storage, pools, Add (button on the right), Import an existing pool...

Config otherwise as per your original work to set it up.

So I tried reinstalling the OS on a new boot device, and when I go to import my MEDIA pool, it seems to import fine, but then when I go to import Archive (all the important stuff), the circle spins, and then an alert shows up saying state of Archive is unknown, and then crashes with the same error as before. Any ideas?

Thanks

Redcoat

MVP

benstech

Cadet
So I was able to get my zpool to import read only, but when i try to import the array normally, the same previous error occured (as above)

and when using the zpool status command, i get this message, and apparently a few of my files have errors in them, but since the array is read-only, I can't delete them. Is there a way I can just get my files off the read only array, because in the FreeNAS UI, it does not show up under pools, and I can't set up any file sharing services. I am not exactly sure how to proceed.

Attachments

• freenas2.jpg
    freenas2.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 194

sretalla