Help Making a Plugin (java app)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinkb

Cadet
This is essentially more than help...I am wanting to pay someone for their expertise in doing plugins to take my java server app (just needs a JRE or JDK, no app server) and having a PBI for it. I expect it to be in a Jail, with java, and running "java -jar app.jar" effectively.

I have looked around and around at other samples, and so on and keep going in circles as to what needs to be done. I am a java developer, which makes this a bit foreign to me. I have seen other threads referencing a sample project, but that gets into ports which I don't think is really needed for this? I saw FreeNAS docs indicating that the process will be getting easier...did it? I didn't find references tot eh easier method though...

If there are any clear guides I have missed, I am happy to entertain reading them and seeing if its something I can do. Just have not had any good luck so far. I'm willing to pay for this, as I suspect this might be a lot of work? (I can install java PBI, and unzip my app, and run it, easy.) But getting the whole process down is what I am having trouble with.

D

dlavigne

I saw FreeNAS docs indicating that the process will be getting easier...did it?

Nope. Best bet is to create a jail and install what you need into it.

spinkb

Cadet
Ok, but then how do I turn that into a PBI that can be distributed? The ultimate end goal it to get a PBI that can be distributed with FreeNAS for anyone that wants to install it. We don't want to rely on instructions for people to go create a jail, install java, then unzip our app, and run it. Trying to avoid that if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.