Hello

Flecha311

Dabbler
Hello FreeNas Community, I'm trying to install FreeNas in a home made server. Not luck so far.
Hopefully I will be running soon.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Welcome! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Flecha311

Dabbler
Hello: I was trying to make a "home made" server with my old desktop. The FreeNAS software is not installing.
I tried the USB flash drive installation method with 3 different flash drives.
Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks

The system is:
MB - Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3
Form Factor - ATX
CPU- Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Socket - LGA 1156
RAM - 16GB DDR3
HD - 2) Western Digital Red 4TB
HD - 1) Seagate 2TB

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Can you give us any hints at to the issue? Where does it "not install"? Does it boot up and then fail during the installation step? Any screenshots?

Flecha311

Dabbler
I tried a few times with different usb sticks , I used Rufus, Disk imager but nothing happened...... not even try.... the computer freeze. Then I tried with a cd but it said something about missing Kernel.

To be sure the usb boot was working I have a windows 10 on a usb flash drive and the windows 10 OS booted a run the installation with no problem.

I'm going to try now with a different Usb stick 2.0 (I downloaded FreeNAS again, I used Etcher this time to write it to the usb stick) and I'm going to use the MB usb port in the back of the computer. I'll let you now if I'm lucky this time.

Flecha311

Dabbler
I have the same issue, The computer is off, I plug the usb stick on the usb port in the back of the computer, I press the on button the computer started their process...... the computer freeze. I can't do anything else the computer is frozen. The computer freeze before I can press del or F12 to change the boot order.