Hello

zcunn19

Cadet
Hello, my name is Zach I'm 18 years old. Born and raised in Wisconsin. I will be graduating from high school this spring and plan to pursue a bachelors degree in computer science this fall at a local university. I have a basic understanding of coding Java and overall my "computer" knowledge is rather advanced compared to some I would say. I'm fairly new to NAS environments but I'm always interested in learning new things and am slowly getting the hang of it. I'm currently running my FreeNAS server out of a fairly powerful PC I'd say (Intel i7, 16 Gig RAM, a handful of HDD's and SSD's). I use it mostly for a Plex/Transmission combo but I also store some files here and there. Sometime in the future, I plan to build an even powerful more dedicated system. I look forward to being a part of this community and will post if I have any problems/issues.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you. If you provide details of your FreeNAS hardware and software in your signature block, it will make it easier for forum members to support you if in future you require assistance. While you're here, take a look at the Forum Guidelines as well. It highlights some important do' and don't's for engaging with the community.