Hello from suburban Chicago area

yru_IT

Cadet
I am now working for a small consulting company after 36 years at a large corporation, I miss having a dedicated IT department to run everything. Now by default I am IT along with my regular duties. Need to replace an aging server (running ARCH Linux) with about 4T of data with a new one, and need to have space for an additional 12T of data sitting in cold storage. Decided I wanted to go with a more manageable user friendly system, so I chose FreeNAS. So far it is looking good, but I have found some problems which I will need help in sorting out. Picked up a good Supermicro server to use for this purpose on ebay.

Supermicro SYS-6027R-3RF4+
2x xeon E-2609 quad core with 32G ECC ram
5- 4T HDD Z1

Mlovelace

Guru
Hello, and welcome to the community.

Not to knock Arch Linux, I do enjoy it for a desktop distro, but I wouldn't want my server running bleeding edge Linux. If you're unable to find answers to your problems on the forum, please open a new discussion. :)

yru_IT

Cadet
The Arch server was made by a grad student who worked here 6 years ago... The server has been up and running with no problems ever since ... so he did a good job. Hope I can do the same with this.:)