Guide for Medusa?

Snow

Patron
Yes I agree 100% Just need to find out the details oh how to do it. Plus the extra time to set it up. Which I have not had at this time.

msbxa

Contributor
Yes I agree 100% Just need to find out the details oh how to do it. Plus the extra time to set it up. Which I have not had at this time.

All is here to start:

dknm

Dabbler
I put off upgrading my python2.7 running instance. Thank you @Snow for the guide, followed from scratch. All's good.

I'd just say, don't forget to set some jail mount points.

a tangent: if you want extra flexibility, git-clone to a path outside the jail (I have a dataset for apps). It lets you wipe the jail in the future if things go wrong.

Snow

Patron
Oh good Idea :). Not sure when you did my guide but you may need to add unrar.
Code:
pkg install -y unrar
service medusa restart

Edit: If I find time maybe this week or next week, I will get the Community Repo setup if it is not to hard to config.
It has been my end goal. I just figured a video & guide out asap so peolpe could get it configure on 11.3.

Last edited:

rcdevils

Dabbler
Seeing MediaArea/MediaInfo Error's I did try to Find a Py on Git all froks where C++ Mediainfo && MediaArea.
I did try 'pkg install mediainfo' it did add the Package's & dependency's but not to /usr/local/mediainfo/db && /usr/local/mediainfo/ like medusa wanted.

Not sure if this will fix the error or not. I will test later as its a family day to day in the us. I will try to remove mediainfo pkg then try "pkg -c /usr/local/mediainfo/ install mediainfo" or "pkg -r /usr/local/mediainfo install mediainfo". I've never had to move a package before at that point I usually have a git fork I can use and I just add the dir after it.

One other error I am still looking in to is the your system is using an invalid encoding: ascii, etc. It seems to not effect any thing, if it stay's that way then not going to try and fix it.

Even with the errors medusa is still working.

Have you figured out how to install MediaInfo?

Snow

Patron
No I did not as It did not effect Medusa. It still worked and did it's job. Is there some thing you need it for? if so I will look in to it tonight.

Snow

Patron
Update if you want mediainfo do the following.
  1. 1: Log in to freenas or SSH in
  2. 1.1: If you loged in via ssh type "iocage list"
  3. 2: Navigate to jail's
  4. 2.2: From the iocage list command get the spelling of Medusa
  5. 3: Click on right side arrow on Medusa in the jail's
  6. 3.3: Type in "iocage console medusa"
  7. 4: Click Shell
  8. 5: In the Shell or SSH type "pkg install mediainf
  9. Follow the prompts and answer yes
  10. Type "Exit" then "Exit" again. 2nd one is for SSH
If I find any thing else that needs to be added I will Post here and on the forums. Now I have not configured media info but it should shut the error up.

Last edited:

Snow

Patron

Snow

Patron
I am sorry I never found the time to get this added to the community plugins. I will be trying to get a new guide once 12.0-U1 is out. Also if I have the time I will look at getting it added to the main Community plugins for a simple install.

Working 1 job on the side, plus owning a company = no fun. I find little time or will power for any thing else. I am updated to 12.0 it is working on the 11.3-RELEASE-p6 on 12.0 I had to change the Devfs rule to 4.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
I am sorry I never found the time to get this added to the community plugins. I will be trying to get a new guide once 12.0-U1 is out. Also if I have the time I will look at getting it added to the main Community plugins for a simple install.

Working 1 job on the side, plus owning a company = no fun. I find little time or will power for any thing else. I am updated to 12.0 it is working on the 11.3-RELEASE-p6 on 12.0 I had to change the Devfs rule to 4.

Hey there Snow,

That's very kind of you to take the time and make a plugin for everyone else. Looking forward to it :)
Can i ask you how you changed the Devfs rule to 4?

Cheers

Snow

Patron
Take the Jail offline if it is not down already. Then go to Edit, then Jail Property's, It is the Top line I think, Then change the # for Devfs_ruleset. This will works for other Jails to.

Snow

Patron
Hey there Snow,

That's very kind of you to take the time and make a plugin for everyone else. Looking forward to it :)
Can i ask you how you changed the Devfs rule to 4?

Cheers
Let me know if you need any more help. Or if its good to go.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Let me know if you need any more help. Or if its good to go.
Thank you very much, you've been very helpful already. I have medusa running right now on 12.1p10. The only thing i need to understand is how to properly upgrade python to 3.6 and remove the older verion. Medusa won't run on 2.x anymore from the next update.

Snow

Patron
If it lets you I would try the upgrade route first. If does not work you could try to just install py3.6 and see it runs with both being there. Or uninstall 2.x 1st then just do the normal pkg install python 3.6.

Last edited:

ZodiacUHD

Patron
I ended up removing 2.7 and installing 3.6. Only thing left after that was to modify medusa's script to use the newer version of python.

Thanks again :)

Snow

Patron
Do not for get ffmpeg , unrar & mediainfo . not sure if you got them all.