Guide for installing PlexEmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroZombie

Explorer
So I had checksum error with my primary boot and switched it out for two identical sticks in a mirror and now i've run back into this again any ideas?

Lx5PBVC.png

o5GWv0v.png

Aaron W Floch

Dabbler
I am only adding this because I ran into a problem running the script and was able to fix it. Hopefully this helps someone when they have this issue.

Here was my error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py", line 1194, in <module>
   imageInfo = processImage(hash, imageInfo['thumb'], 'show', 0, 0)
File "/PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py", line 381, in processImage
   shutil.copy(imgLocation, img)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 119, in copy
   copyfile(src, dst)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
   with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:     
'/usr/local/www/apache24/data/plexemail/images/61352061f9f61efe9d68f70596a0ce84f0436f47_fb7cb9384affcf74fdf37225028e62509e63e1a9.jpg'

I was able to fix this by changing the order in which I used commands.

instead of this:
Code:
cp -R /PlexEmail/web/ /usr/local/www/apache24/data
mkdir /usr/local/www/apache24/data/plexemail

I used this:
Code:
cp -R /PlexEmail/web/ /usr/local/www/apache24/data/plexemail

Fixed the issue and works great.

Also, AdrianWilliamson thank you for the tutorial.

AstroZombie

Explorer
I know this sounds simple, but is your storage mounted? I had the same problem earlier today and for some reason my storage unmounted. Fixed the problem for me.
I run into this with it mounted. (yes it was unmounted for some reason)

YwTYfoD.png

Aaron W Floch

Dabbler
I run into this with it mounted. (yes it was unmounted for some reason)

YwTYfoD.png
Looks like the Cloudinary information may be the problem. I would double check the info in the conf.file is the same as your account for cloudinary. I think I remember getting these errors when I tried to use Plexemail without the cloudinary information filled out completely/correctly.

AstroZombie

Explorer
Looks like the Cloudinary information may be the problem. I would double check the info in the conf.file is the same as your account for cloudinary. I think I remember getting these errors when I tried to use Plexemail without the cloudinary information filled out completely/correctly.
I double checked the cloudinary info is all correct. (Name, API Key and API Secret)

Aaron W Floch

Dabbler
I double checked the cloudinary info is all correct. (Name, API Key and API Secret)
I know you have been messing around with the commands and such. So if you have already done this I apologize in advance. Did you try the new sequence I posted above? I had similar issues and I simply switched the commands around and added an additional layer to one of the files and it seemed to work. Just the two on the bottom, heck I will post them here.

Code:

I am sorry if this is redundant, and hope it works.

AstroZombie

Explorer
I know you have been messing around with the commands and such. So if you have already done this I apologize in advance. Did you try the new sequence I posted above? I had similar issues and I simply switched the commands around and added an additional layer to one of the files and it seemed to work. Just the two on the bottom, heck I will post them here.

Code:

I am sorry if this is redundant, and hope it works.
A software reboot of freenas seems to have solved the issue, running
Code:
jexec plexemail python2.7 /PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py -t
from the main shell and the jail shell runs the command perfectly and sends the test email fine.

Muddro

Explorer
For those that had problems with the crontab of the jail, this is what I put and it works fine. Sends out 7pm every monday:
0 19 * * 1 root /usr/local/bin/python2 /PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py

Marcelofs1

Dabbler
Your web_folder is the same as mine - /usr/local/www/apache24/data

I've just had a quick look and the folder above contains the contents of the /PlexEmail/web/ folder but also has a 'plexemail' folder. Running the python script creates the index.html file in this folder.

Try mkdir /usr/local/www/apache24/data/plexemail

Hello
I am facing a very similar problem when it comes to proper map the plex_data_folder. I do not know if the Freenas version I am running (9.10 stable) had any changes OR if I misunderstand and this script is not intend to be used when Plex Media Server is running as a plugin (instead in a dedicated jail).
Script search for a folder with database information (/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - this path is supposed to be found under /jails/plexmediaserver_1/somewhere and we map it when creating the storage for PlexEmail.
I am confused here and been searching for several forums that all of them point to this thread. As a newbie, I was preventing to bother the community but it seems I have no more options.

Build FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534 (dd17351)
Platform Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz
Memory 16327MB
Plex Media Server installed as a plugin - plexmediaserver-1.0.0.2261-amd64 into jail (automatically created) plexmediaserver_1

MortenSJ

Explorer
I'm trying to install it as well, but i've run into this error.

I'm using the plex-pass version of Plex

Code:
root@plexemail:/ # python2.7 /PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py                   
/media/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.d
b does not exist. Please make sure the plex_data_folder value is correct.      
root@plexemail:/ #                                                              

Backdraft76

Dabbler
I was wondering if any of you can help me with an issue that's come up during installation. I've followed the instructions to the letter and the email works just fine, but I'm having trouble with the web page part of it. I can't seem to get the web page to pull up. Clicking on the link in the email doesn't work. Neither does typing in the address to the address bar. In Chrome, I get a "This site can't be reached" and a "192.168.1.9 refused to connect (192.168.1.9 being my jail address). I would greatly appreciate any insight to make this work as it's the only part of my Plex installation that isn't working properly. I'm running Freenas 9.10 on a clean install and have Plex Email running in it's own jail.

adrianwi

Guru
Do you have apache running? What does 'service -e' in the jail shell show? Is there an apache service running?

adrianwi

Guru
There's your problem then :D

You'll need to add this into your /etc/rc.conf file:

Code:
apache24_enable="YES"

and then start it with 'service apache24 start'

Backdraft76

Dabbler
I can't believe I missed something so simple. Thank you!! I changed the port number in the httpd.conf file so I could forward it to be accessed outside my network. This was the output along with a "404 Not Found" error when trying to open the page.

root@plexemail:/etc # service apache24 start
Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Syntax OK
Starting apache24.
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
root@plexemail:/etc #

adrianwi

Guru
Sorry, no idea fire fighting Apache config. I try and avoid it and prefer using nginx.

Generally when I have used it, it runs with the default config, so I'd be tempted to undo any changes you've made and get it running internally. Once you know it works, work out how to change the listening port so you can forward externally

Status
Not open for further replies.