Guide for installing PlexEmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroZombie

Explorer
Did you include your own e-mail?
Just just threw in my hotmail as a test runs fine, for future reference it seems to send out 1 email to all emails but only lists it as 1 email sent in the CIL.

Oh and view as website is blank how would i fix that?

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
Not entirely sure as I've only sent it to me as a test, but the first couple of lines in the e-mail section might help:

##Email
email_enabled = True
email_individually = False
email_use_bcc = False

I'm guessing these all set to = True might fix the e-mail problem? No idea why the website is blank. Did you configure to use Cloudinary?

AstroZombie

Explorer
Not entirely sure as I've only sent it to me as a test, but the first couple of lines in the e-mail section might help:

I'm guessing these all set to = True might fix the e-mail problem? No idea why the website is blank. Did you configure to use Cloudinary?
Yup using cloud, and fixed the group email by setting email_separately set to true.

AstroZombie

Explorer

am I right in thinking this will send a email every monday at 6pm?

pH1lE1q.png

How do i get the view as website working with cloud?

adrianwi

Guru
I don't think it will, no! You've added a Cron Job in the FreeNAS GUI and not inside the plexemail jail. Don't think you can run a jail Cron from the FreeNAS GUI which is why I showed the steps to create one inside the jail (although I don't know whether it works yet!)

Not sure about the website. I get the plexemail webpage by just typing the jail IP address into a browser (e.g. http://192.1.1.32) but I've got no intention of exposing that outside my network. If that brings up a blank page, you could try http://192.1.1.32/plexemail (where 192.1.1.32 is your jails IP address) but other than that I have no idea. A blank page suggests to me that Apache is doing what it should, otherwise you'd get an error message.

Maybe a question back in the plex.tv forum?

eadwyn

Dabbler
I'm having trouble setting the cron up in the jail .

You can setup a cron job in a jail through the GUI using jexec [jail name] [command]. I.E. I have this for a jail named plexmediaserver_1 that will run every 5 minutes (the default config file is set to only email myself):

Code:
jexec plexmediaserver_1 python /root/PlexEmail-0.5.7/scripts/plexEmail.py

I also have this one running weekly that will send to all my shared users (note: I pass in a separate config file from the default one):

Code:
jexec plexmediaserver_1 python /root/PlexEmail-0.5.7/scripts/plexEmail.py -c /root/PlexEmail-0.5.7/scripts/weekly.conf

eadwyn

Dabbler
I have plexemail in it's own jail.

I'm looking to make it run 11:59pm every sunday.

Then change your command to be prefixed with "jexec plexemail " and set minute to 59, hour to 23, day of month to "Everyday", Month to "Every month" and Day of week to "Sunday".

adrianwi

Guru
You can setup a cron job in a jail through the GUI using jexec [jail name] [command]. I.E. I have this for a jail named plexmediaserver_1 that will run every 5 minutes (the default config file is set to only email myself):

This is good to know! Thanks

adrianwi

Guru
Yes, but I think you need the command 'jexec plexemail python2.7 /PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail' and as you've specified Sunday I'd leave Day of month as 'Every day'

AstroZombie

Explorer
Still can't get the py script to run automatically.

This is the script running as a cron from tasks:
Code:
jexec plexemail python2.7 /PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py

This is the path to it in FreeNAS:
Code:
/mnt/mainvolume/pluginjails/plexemail/PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py

This is the settings: (time/date etc)
XkUv9Qu.png

adrianwi

Guru
Change the Day of month to 1 - you've already said Sunday only!

adrianwi

Guru
Does it work if you run it manually from the GUI i.e. click Tasks > Cron Jobs > PlexEmail job and then Run Now button?

adrianwi

Guru
Well, I'm no expert but that would make me think the command isn't right and not the schedule.

Mine works and looks like this:

download

Where 'plexemail' is the name of the jail and '/PlexEmail/scripts/' is the location of the .py file. I'd check this and the capitalisation is important.

AstroZombie

Explorer
Like I posted above this is the command:

Code:
jexec plexemail python2.7/PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py

and this is the path to the script from WinSCP:

Code:
/mnt/mainvolume/pluginjails/plexemail/PlexEmail/scripts/plexEmail.py

plexemail being the jail and PlexEmail being the folder which has the scripts folder.

I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.