Guest access does not work when FreeNAS is integrated with Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys !!

I am new to FreeNAS and am having a problem with an SMB pleasure after I integrated my FreeNAS with Active Directory ....

It is the following: I have access that I need access from outside the domain, so I checked the "Allow visitor access" option and in the storage permissions I left the user "nobody" ... However, when I integrated freenas with AD I can not access this share.

In fact, I can not even view the SMB share, it always requires a user and a password that does not know what it is ... I have tried to use the passwords of the local machine, AD, FreeNAS and none works ...

Could someone tell me what might be suffering ?? Well, I really need this share to be accessed by users outside the domain, without having to enter username or password ...

XStylus

Dabbler
This might or might not work, but here's something to try:

First, get the Netbios name of your FreeNAS. Under the new UI, it should be in Directory Services --> Active Directory --> Advanced Mode. (For the sake of example, let's call it "Corndog")

Next, try connecting to your FreeNAS from a workstation. If prompted for a username and password, try "CORNDOG\Guest", and no password. (Replace "Corndog" with the Netbios name of your FreeNAS)

If that doesn't work for the guest account, I'm pretty sure it will work if using non-AD accounts built within FreeNAS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.