Greetings from South Carolina

binarybcc

Dabbler
Hi everyone. I'm John. Building my first ZFS FreeNAS box. Last FN box i built was before ZFS. I'm trying to drink from the firehose of learning about ZFS and how to make the most of the 8 drives I will have (signature shows what I will be working with). Thanks in advance for your time and cameradie!

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Welcome to the community! Nice looking build there. Jealous of the 10TB drives, totally need to upgrade my personal rig now :)

binarybcc

Dabbler
Welcome to the community! Nice looking build there. Jealous of the 10TB drives, totally need to upgrade my personal rig now :)
Thanks, Kris. We looked hard at the iXsystems FreeNAS Mini XL+, but the supply chain delay got in our way.
Our 10 HDDs have arrived....

binarybcc

Dabbler
Kris
Kris, I thought I'd link this over to you. The UI had me confused for a good 6-8 hours. May have been my mindset or maybe the UI should be tweaked to be a little more clear. Please have a quick read-through of the later posts for my PLUGIN/JAIL networking problem and see if it merits a 'bug report.'