FTP settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmac24

Dabbler
Hi guys, Im having some issues setting up my ftp share. Im using 8.0.1 Beta2 atm but i think this is just a case of me stufffing up the config.

What i want to achieve is the ability to login over FTP using the user "media" and have read only access to a directory on my NAS. i dont want any other users to be able to login(via ftp) and i dont want anonymous access at all.

I have my volume permissions as 777(all checkboxes checked). The volume owner is root but the group is "users".Within the group users are several users, one of which is the media user. i have set a home directory for the media user. Ive spent a while on google with this issue and apparently setting the home dir can allow logins.

From there i tick the allow local user login checkbox in the FTP settings and choose a path(the same one as my media users homefolder). I have also added 'media' to the 'ftp' group.

Now when i go to login it seems to work fine except i can only list directories. I cannot read/delete/write. Im just a little confused by all the options. Can somebody set me straight please?

Cheers,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.