FTP not working as it should in 11.3

okynnor

Explorer
Hi,

after upgrading to FreeNAS 11.3, the FTP clients aren't able to connect to the server anymore. Would someone know what has changed in FreeNAS 11.3 from 11.2?

Jesse00

Cadet
Ive been using syncthing to offload to my NAS, but OpenVPN seems to be the all purpose access thing that people do on their FreeNAS. Did you follow a tutorial for that somewhere? The one I found was too basic and didnt go beyond setting it up on FreeNAS. I think ive got it running in a jail now, but I have no idea how to proceed from there.

diedrichg

Wizard
Hi,

after upgrading to FreeNAS 11.3, the FTP clients aren't able to connect to the server anymore. Would someone know what has changed in FreeNAS 11.3 from 11.2?
Let's start with the basics first. Have you confirmed that the service is on, that it is set to start after boot and that the ftp port hasn't changed in the service settings?

Jesse00

Cadet
I've been using syncthing to offload to my NAS, but OpenVPN seems to be the all purpose access thing that people do on their FreeNAS. Did you follow a tutorial for that somewhere marriott msg
? The one I found was too basic and didnt go beyond setting it up on FreeNAS. I think I've got it running in a jail now, but I have no idea how to proceed from there bluestacks.
Any update for my query?

okynnor

Explorer
Let's start with the basics first. Have you confirmed that the service is on, that it is set to start after boot and that the ftp port hasn't changed in the service settings?
Yes I have. It didn't work. The only thing that worked was to go back to version 11.2U8. I thought they fixed it in 11.3U1 but no they didn't. Do you have something else I can help provide to solve this?

okynnor

Explorer
Any update for my query?
The only thing that worked was to go back to version 11.2U8. I thought they fixed it in 11.3U1 but no they didn't.

I'm attaching a backup log from FreePBX Backup module output. The failed log shows the problem in logging into FTP at the FreeNAS Server. The successful log is when I backtracked to use version 11.2U8. It is a successful backup in there.

Attachments

• Failed-backup.log.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 178
  • backup.log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited: