FTP help needed

Barbarella

Cadet
Hi!

I have searched for the answer to this question and a lot of different answers come up, most of which confused the heck out of me. So here's the question.

I have set up a new ryzen based server running FreeNAS. The server has an FTP running with 10 folders in it, and one access account for users to drop files into the folder marked "uploads". So the account has a name and a password with no anonymous access to the FTP at all. I am using the FTP that comes with FreeNAS in the server itself

Right now, anyone logging in under that account can read, write and execute, they are all staff members of the company I work at.

However, I want to remove the ability for anyone logging in under that name to delete files off of the server via the FTP client they are using..

Is there actually a way to do this?

...also, breaking in mind I am completely new to FreeNAS, for about a year I was running the FTP off of FileZilla Server on a Windows 10 machine and was able to remove the ability to delete just by clicking a few boxes...

Barbarella

Cadet
Well, i'm guessing that there is no way to do this with freenas, so i'll need to find another server software that will...