FTP doesn't work wih Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarhannud

Dabbler
Hi guys,

i am using the version 8.0.4 and i am having an issue.

I access my FTP:

Filezilla OK (Download/Upload)
Google Chrome OK (Download)
Windows Explorer DOESN'T WORK
Internet Explorer DOESN'T WORK

Windows Explorer returns this message :

An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder. The hadle is invalid.

Details
200 Type set to A
227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,17,149,179)

Help me!

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you entering the FTP address correctly in the address bar? Username and password?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Lightning took out my router and switch in the basement last night. Grr!

Anyway, so it looks like Internet Explorer doesn't like the Passive IP address you are providing. Filezilla tells me your FTP server's internal IP is 10.0.1.17. From my Filezilla log:

Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,17,32,38).
Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

You need to change it to your external IP address. In your case, I think you need to change your Masquerade Address under the FTP settings to your external IP. That should fix your IE issue.

Oscarhannud

Dabbler
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Lightning took out my router and switch in the basement last night. Grr!

Anyway, so it looks like Internet Explorer doesn't like the Passive IP address you are providing. Filezilla tells me your FTP server's internal IP is 10.0.1.17. From my Filezilla log:

Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,17,32,38).
Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

You need to change it to your external IP address. In your case, I think you need to change your Masquerade Address under the FTP settings to your external IP. That should fix your IE issue.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!

But i have a question.

I have a dinamic IP and i use NO-IP to redirect my HOST (servidorftp.myftp.org) to my IP ***.***.***.***, how can i use the "Masquerade address" and my dinamic IP together?

I tried to type my host(servidorftp.myftp.org) but just accept IPv4(***.***.***.***).

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Honestly I don't know of any way. I'd bet there's some way to do a cron job or something like that, but someone else would have to tell you how. I've never had a dynamic IP for an FTP server.

Perhaps there is a way to disable passive mode(if there is such a thing)?

n3ocr0n

Cadet
I have the same prob dynamic ip and the mask only accepts an ipv4 the issue is that we have to put our dyndns hostname in but it only accepts ipv4 what looks strange to me because the infobox tells me that i could give a DNS host into it screenshot maybe a bug ?
DNShost.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yep. Sounds like you have the same problem. :( I don't think it's a bug, more a limitation of the current software. Maybe put in a request for the feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.