FreeNAS will not boot - stuck on middlewared: loaded plugin middleware.d.plugins.crypto

KevDog

Patron
I recently upgraded to 11.3RC2 and am pretty sure I've rebooted system plenty of times since the upgrade.
I'm stuck today with a non-booting system with the following:
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 12.51.18 PM.png

I can still safely change boot environment to 11.2U7, however when doing so I notice none of the iocage jails are showing within the GUI. The datasets for the jails are present, however I do get the following error:
Code:
# iocage list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_cli/list.py", line 81, in cli
    dataset_type, header, _long, _sort, plugin=plugins, quick=quick)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1169, in list
    quick=quick
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_list.py", line 64, in list_datasets
    iocage_lib.ioc_json.IOCJson().json_check_default_config()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1924, in json_check_default_config
    self.json_write(default_props, default_json_location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 431, in json_write
    if template else None
  File "libzfs.pyx", line 645, in libzfs.ZFS.get_dataset_by_path
libzfs.ZFSException: Dataset with path  not found

Argh, what a mess.

waqarahmed

iXsystems
iXsystems
@KevDog can you please make a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com ?
So when you boot 11.3 and you are stuck at the loading plugins bit, please do a "ctrl + c", and the boot process would continue. However your FreeNAS would be unusable at this state. Once the boot has completed, kindly share your /var/log/middlewared.log file in the ticket.

Then you said that you are seeing an iocage error when you rollback. So on rollback, can you please attach a debug as well in the ticket ( debug can be generated via system->advanced ). Also if your pool name is "tank" which hosts iocage dataset, please share the file "/mnt/tank/iocage/defaults.json" as well in the ticket as that is not included in the debug.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you

KevDog

Patron