FreeNas WebGui Access from Different Subnet for Administration Purpose

Neeraj.singh

Cadet
Hello All,
I have recently installed FreeNas Server and i able to do all task but having problem accessing webgui for Admin purpose.
I have Freenas Server running on 192.168.1.10 and i am able to access webgui from 192.168.1.0 . but when i try to open webgui from different subnet 192.168.2.0 i am getting below message from Freenas.

Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network. i can ping from the Subnet , access nfs and smb but can't do admin work from differnet subnet.
any help would be appericated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Sounds like a default gateway problem on the FreeNAS server... can it access the internet (try searching for updates for example)?

jem

Cadet
I'm having a similar problem.

I'm trying to access the WebUI of a FreeNAS system over a VPN connection. All the necessary routing is in place and I can successfully ping the FreeNAS system over the VPN.

However, when I attempt to access the WebUI, the HTTP connection is made but I then see the same message as OP:
Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network.

As my browser is able to connect to the FreeNAS, it seem that there is something within the WebUI itself that either restricts access from other subnets, or just doesn't work properly with non-directly-connected IP ranges.