FreeNAS Systems Showing Offline Status

will.seifert

Cadet
Hello, I am trying out True Command at my company to test it out for future use by our administrators because we have multiple NAS servers across our many data centers and it would be a god-send if it performed up to our expectations. I have installed True Command on one of our CentOS servers and the application itself is running just fine. However, when I add a couple of our NAS systems to test the software out it is not able to connect to either of them nor is it able to connect to a couple more that I added for testing as well. I did see in the documentation that each FreeNAS has to have a certificate, so I went through and set up the CA and certificates (as well as setting it to https under general) but I still am not able to connect. I have been fighting with this for the past two days and have hit a wall and need help. We do not have a license, as we are testing using systems with less than 50 disks but I wasn't sure if I need to apply a license file in order for it to work.

In any event, if anyone has any ideas at all or can give me some things to try on my side it would be greatly appreciated! Any and all help is welcomed!! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• SanserverTest.JPG
    SanserverTest.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 406

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
License not required as you mention for 50 or fewer disks. I run with 4 systems and 48 disks no issue.

I see the hostname field is blank in the screenshot.

I have 2 FreeNAS which use certificates and 2 that don't. All 4 work fine in TC.

Since that's the only real information I've got to go on, I'll have to focus on that first.

If you can provide a bit more information about what you did to connect them, it would help to shift the focus.

will.seifert

Cadet
License not required as you mention for 50 or fewer disks. I run with 4 systems and 48 disks no issue.

I see the hostname field is blank in the screenshot.

I have 2 FreeNAS which use certificates and 2 that don't. All 4 work fine in TC.

Since that's the only real information I've got to go on, I'll have to focus on that first.

If you can provide a bit more information about what you did to connect them, it would help to shift the focus.
In the True Command console, I clicked on "New System" and then input the IP, a nickname, and the password and then clicked "Add System." From there it says that it's scanning/connecting but when I refresh the page it says that it was unable to connect to host and that's as far as I get. I tried creating a token (I'm honestly not sure what that is used for) and I've also created a new system using the checkbox option "Externally Configured" with no luck. If I choose "Externally Configured" it won't let me enter the password and once it adds the entry to the list, the status just says "Fetching data" but nothing else ever happens.

It seems like the process is a very simple one, but I have had zero luck with any of the NAS systems so far and they are all running on FreeNAS. Does any of this information help?

sretalla