FreeNas- Short questions

Shpitz

Cadet
Hi All

Hope that you can help me with some questions I have regarding the FreeNas
I am working as IT manager for a production gaming company and I am looking to setup FreeNas for our DevOps that need the NFS feature for Kubernetes
I was thinking to Insall the FreeNas as VM on our Vmware ESXI with 8GB memory and 8 CPU, I am not sure if to set up the program under VM is the best practice so I will be happy to hear your opinion and if you already have experience with this kind of configuration:

my questions are:

1. there is any performance benchmark (read/write, CPU, network, memory footprint)? or any limitation for running the FreeNas on VM? or any other FreeNas limitation?
2. what are the options to create high availability to the FreeNas server in case of failure? My concerns are that the server will stop working and our site will be down.
The availability of our site is supercritical and we can't allow even 10 seconds of downtime.

hope that my questions are clear enough, I will be happy to hear your opinion.

thanks
Shpitz

sretalla