Freenas share not browsable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlhau9

Cadet
Hello, i have installed freenas for the second time (last time was with the legazy ui). I have set my nas box up with smb share. In the UI it says the share is browsable on the local network, but i can not find it... i can find the freenas box under network on my win10 pc, but i can not find or connect to the shared folder...

Can somone please help me? I have worked on this for about 10hours last two days, starting to get pretty crazy...

Sorry for my bad english im from norway!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's a Windows issue. I have one PC that it shows up and one that it doesn't. Have you tried connecting via hostname or IP?
Code:
\\freenas\sharename
\\IP address\sharename

Erlhau9

Cadet
I have not found a fix for the problem, i can ping it in cmd, i have enabled the smb 1.0/cifs service in windows (it worked, but only for a couple of hours...), reinstalled the smb service... i tried installing plex on my pc, it found the movie folder on the nas right away..

On my wifes pc, i found the nas right away, and the shared folder. But it is the same there, worked the first day, and the next day after turning the pc on, it was awaaaayyyy!

Erlhau9

Cadet
Clean installing the nas with 11.2:

So here it is: 11.2 UI, setup the nas box, nothing happend... the share is browsable to local network.

Switched to Legacy UI: entered wizard, made the pool over again, in the tab where you can name the pool, i hit ADD under the pool name, when the wizard is completed i could find the folder on every pc on the network... after some hours, i wanted to play with some plugins, switched to the new UI, and the share is gone...???????

Status
Not open for further replies.