FreeNAS - Serviio and SAMSUNG TVs Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTVi

Cadet
Hello Guys,

As i haven´t found any infos about my issue in this forum (no solutions) i post it here. Maybe one of you is totally satisfied and can help me with his settings or some hints.

What i have:

Freenas 8.2 latest stable release
Serviio Plugin from ProtoSD with Version 0.6.2 in a Jail which works perfectly. Thanks to this amazing guy again!
Connection --> Server is connected to a Gigabit Switch which also is an Wireless LAN Switch (N-Standard)
TVs Samsung UE46C7700 and Samsung UE40C6500 (which is the newest model series of samsung). Both are connected with W-LAN.
Server Hardware HPs Microserver N36L with a RAIDZ on 3x1TB HDs +5GB of RAM. Copyperformance AFP/CIFS is 50-70MB/s
Server Software FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64

Problem:

If i watch MKVs ,doesn´t matter if they are 720p or 1080p, it always has to do some loading during the films which is really annoying if you watch the newest concert of your favourite band :( . Before i had a media twonky running on a half so fast server hardware and i could play all of those files without any problems. The mediatwonky was not prepairing (transcoding) those films at all.

These TVs are recognized with a SAMSUNG profiles on the Serviio which is nice. The advantage of this is that i can watch MKV files.
If i put them to generic host with the serviio console watching mkvs is not possible anymore. AVIs and other files are played without any problems.
I also tried this Transcoding stuff..with 2 CPUs and so on but i did not see any changes.

While i am watching films the CPU/RAM usage is not that bigger than it could be (CPU~15% RAM~40-60%)

How do you manage that? What are your settings? Can somebody tell me what to do next?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Patrick from Austria :)

HAL 9000

Dabbler
Serviio seems to be very slow (specially when scanning files). I gave it a try but probably will go back to minidlna.
I use minidlna with Samsung BD player for years without problems.

PTVi

Cadet
Okay, is there any reason why to use serviio then? i mean a feature which is it worth :)

HAL 9000

Dabbler
Okay, is there any reason why to use serviio then? i mean a feature which is it worth :)

If your device is supported by Minidlna and you do not need transcoding then there are not many advantages of using Serviio for streaming local media.
Serviio can hovewer stream online media, generate thumbnails for video, download DVD covers, etc.

Rks

Dabbler
Could you post some screenshots of your reporting page. Curious as Serviio seems to be doing a much better job for me with a Samsung TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.