FreeNAS reboots every 30 min or less

Hello everyone,

I have FreeNAS 11.3 RC1 installed and running on a Dell R310 with a Fiber-Channel card to a Compellent Shelf. It has a Quad Core Xenon and 8G ram, iSCSi to ESXi

This started happening when I was on an earlier version, saw the update and hoped it would fix it. It has not, but has made it worse. I cannot figure out how to roll back to an even earlier version as I was stupid and cleared out the previous versions on the update because it initially ran for 4 days before it started randomly rebooting again.

Any help is greatly appreciated, no matter if it is help rolling back or fixing what is wrong with this version on my hardware

prkrol

Cadet
Hi,

Looks you don't have rollback option anymore.

And in your place I would try first to investigate problem by analyzing logs - guess you have syslog enabled.

It can be hardware related, despite of update you made.
Means even if you think about Building problem can persist.

Also check temperatures

--
prkrol

jgreco

Resident Grinch
8GB RAM is nowhere near enough for iSCSI. We recommend 64GB minimum for iSCSI when used as a datastore for ESXi, more like 128GB in practice...

Fiber channel isn't really supported so there is also a high possibility that you're hitting some sort of driver panic.