FreeNAS: Reboot occurs during loading the installer

C0bra_2056

Cadet
Hey guys,

i got a big problem while installing FreeNas 11.2-U5.
My Hardware is a 3.5" computer called "IBase IB908AF-4300". It`s equipped with an i5-4300U and 8GB Ram. A 32GB SSD is provided for the FreeNAS installation (Transcend TS32GMSA370).

Before explaining the problem, trying to install from a USB stick (different types) or from a CD-Drive makes no difference.
After boot from the medium with the installation files, it shows me the installation menu with the different options (Start installation -> Enter; Start installation -> Serial; options). After selecting the first entry to start the installation it takes a while to start loading the files. After a few seconds the screen changes to a another resolution and shows the terminal where the files are getting loaded. After 5-15sec the screen goes black and the server is restarting.
I restarted the process over and over again trying different installation mediums, with redownloaded ISOs and different BIOS settings. Nothing helped so far, the installation process doesn't even show an error or anything like that.

PS.: I tried to install OMV, Windows, Ubuntu without problems. (Just for testing purposes)

I hope somebody can help me

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, have you checked the BIOS settings and removed any unnecessary peripherals?

Also, have you tried choosing both UEFI and BIOS in the installer? Does it fail for both?

C0bra_2056

Cadet
I couldn't resolve the problem. I have given up.
Changed a lot in the BIOS setting without any success. Only keyboard, USB/or USB CD Drive and the SSD itself were connected.
Using UEFI or BIOS led to the same problem.

buddyleex

Cadet
were you able to resolve? I'm running into this issue with an old X8 supermicro board/system.

C0bra_2056

Cadet
were you able to resolve? I'm running into this issue with an old X8 supermicro board/system.
No. I even tried to installiert freenas from an remote location and put the hard drive with the installed system without any luck. After booting, blackscreen again.

I just moved to Proxmox, a bit more complicate to do the same as FreeNAS but afterall i learned alot about Linux.

Good Luck!