SOLVED FreeNAS Reboot Datastore missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardhy

Cadet
Dear All

Today I have Problem on my FreeNAS 9.3
FreeNAS Reboot Randomly and reboot several times, due to this reboot, my end user can access NFS properly
When i Checked Uptime (Below Picture)
ATTACH]

upload_2017-8-3_14-18-26.png

its said uptime 2 minutes
All configuration GONE

ATTACH]

after i wait 5 minute more, FreeNAS goes reboot and configuration COME BACK
upload_2017-8-3_14-18-40.png

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

it make me crazy what happening

if there any suggestion how can i solved the problem??

regard...

Last edited by a moderator:

m0nkey_

MVP
The screenshots you posted, are they from two different machines?

danb35

Hall of Famer
What, in detail, is your hardware? Which revision of the X3650 (since there appear to be four)? Which CPU? How many? How much RAM? How many drives, and of what type? You know, all the stuff that the forum rules ask for.

Random reboots usually indicate a hardware problem. Random reboots where the system appears to have completely different hardware after the reboot indicate either a very bizarre hardware problem, or that you aren't actually seeing the same system. With respect to the second hypothesis, I note that your first screen shot, taken on 3 Aug at 0928, says there's an uptime of two minutes. The second screen shot (which notes a different CPU and 4x as much RAM), taken on 3 Aug at 1404, says it's been up for 22 days. Unless you have a time machine, 4+ hours isn't 22 days, so it seems impossible that the second screen shot actually came from the same machine as the first.

Redcoat

MVP
"Stale" image from browser cache from different machine for the 09:28 one (suggested to be 5 minutes before the 14:04)?

@ardhy - do you have a machine on your network that fits the CPU/RAM description of the 09:28 GUI?

ardhy

Cadet
I think there is so many weird from my machine,
1. from hardware spesification ( different spesification)
2. from uptime ( different uptime)
finally i found the problem,
my partner from network team found there is another machine use same ip, as their FreeNAS ip. so i have to change my FreeNAS ip

thank a lot for suggestion

--closed--

Last edited by a moderator:

danb35

Hall of Famer
there is another machine use same ip, as their freenas ip.
As I expected.

But really, you should update those machines. The three-year-old release you're running is somewhat behind the times.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
As I expected.

But really, you should update those machines. The three-year-old release you're running is somewhat behind the times.

I agree they need to update the version but they have two systems with the same network name and IP address. That can't work well.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I agree they need to update the version but they have two systems with the same network name and IP address. That can't work well.
Certainly not--that needs to be fixed. The issue of their running a release from 2014 is completely independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.